Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay strikes again..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLKWrx
$2000?? is this seriously how much they go for nowadays? My apologies if this is anyone on the board, but I can't imagine the price has gotten this high. For the money you would spend on the 2L/6, (including the cash on buying the parts needed to assemble it) you could almost purchase a 3.0L

Reference: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...1QQcmdZViewItem
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (SLKWrx @ Oct 6 2005, 07:56 AM)
$2000?? is this seriously how much they go for nowadays?
Reference: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...1QQcmdZViewItem

not sure where you got your numbers...

that link is for a 1966 911 case, starting at $800. if that's an aluminum case (i don't have the early casting numbers memorised...) it might not be a bad price, but it does mean i should list my 73.5 7R case...

it is *not* correct or original for a 914.6 tho...
SLKWrx
Complete engine was what I was talking about. Case is 800, pistons 200, rods 150, cams 200.. etc.. all together it came out to 1900 for a full engine sans fuel and gaskets.

If thats the case, I'm kind of upset that I didn't jump on the original deal I had for a 2L /6
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (SLKWrx @ Oct 6 2005, 08:53 AM)
...I'm kind of upset that I didn't jump on the original deal I had for a 2L /6

my 2,2E is available :-) ...
SLKWrx
And its close by.. hmm smile.gif Though, for 2k, I'll save up for the 3L smile.gif
SLITS
Hell, I have a 2.0 '68 T engine (less carbs & manifolds, flywheel) that I would let go for $1K......
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (SLKWrx @ Oct 6 2005, 09:29 AM)
Though, for 2k, I'll save up for the 3L smile.gif

donno where you heard $2k for my engine...

as seen here $1k out the door as long block. come see/hear it run first. i'll even deliver it to Philly for free :-).
xitspd
ohmy.gif If the case is aluminum and in good condition, it is worth a lot of money. I had a 906 spec engine built from a aluminum case with factory titanium rods. 914-6 2.0 L cases have their serial numbers in a different location than 2.0 L 911 engines. That is why 2.0 L 914-6 engines are appreciating.
Matt Monson
That seems about right for a genuine 1970 914/6 901/38 engine. We've got one here for $2000, outright. We've also got another one that for some un-godly reason someone put '68 heads onto. It probably was put into a 911 at some point in it's life. That one is $1750. Neither of them has injection, or exhaust, but the blocks are complete. But bear in mind, we are the "Boutique" pricer in the game, so other shops may be cheaper...
Ferg
QUOTE (Matt Monson @ Oct 6 2005, 10:28 AM)
That seems about right for a genuine 1970 914/6 901/38 engine. We've got one here for $2000, outright. We've also got another one that for some un-godly reason someone put '68 heads onto. It probably was put into a 911 at some point in it's life. That one is $1750. Neither of them has injection, or exhaust, but the blocks are complete. But bear in mind, we are the "Boutique" pricer in the game, so other shops may be cheaper...

Boutique pricing, I like it! laugh.gif

hijacked.gif

speaking of that, is that white targa i've seen there lately for sale idea.gif ? Also, you or Tom gonna be at prestige tonight?

Ferg
nickg

dude, you are on CRACK!! i couldn't give 2 original 914-6 motors away, much less sell them...i sold them with a huge pile of parts for 1000. and the one 2.0 914-6 motor was a great runner with like 30k original miles!
Brad Roberts
Call the "Vintage" race shops. The 2.0 challenge cars that get built all have to start with a solid 2.0 engine case. I can beleive the pricing. I hope he gets what he wants for it.

B
michel richard
I for one believe that disassembled parts, inspected, and if you can build-up your confidence that they are indeed usable, are worth more than an old running engine.

Matt Monson
QUOTE (nickg @ Oct 6 2005, 12:03 PM)
That seems about right for a genuine 1970 914/6 901/38 engine. We've got one here for $2000, outright.  We've also got another one that for some un-godly reason someone put '68 heads onto. It probably was put into a 911 at some point in it's life. That one is $1750. Neither of them has injection, or exhaust, but the blocks are complete. But bear in mind, we are the "Boutique" pricer in the game, so other shops may be cheaper...

dude, you are on CRACK!! i couldn't give 2 original 914-6 motors away, much less sell them...i sold them with a huge pile of parts for 1000. and the one 2.0 914-6 motor was a great runner with like 30k original miles!

pissoff.gif I have said this before and I will say it again, please to not personally attack me for how Tom chooses to price his stuff. I don't set Carquip's pricing. Furthermore, I don't post this information to try and make a sale. I post it for information value. I put it up there so people have an idea of what shops may charge. On the private sellers market, I absolutely expect things to be cheaper. For someone looking to build a correct restoration 914/6, I imagine these engines will eventually sell. Personally, I think these engines have ZERO value for someone looking to buld their own 914-6 conversion. If you are going to the trouble of doing a conversion, at least get yourself a 2.2E engine or something with a little more guts!

Ferg,

Neither of us will be there. Tom is on a plane over the gulf coast and I am working on a buddies car up in FC. I wish you had asked about the Targa last week. We just pulled the motor this morning. The chassis is still available. But if you want to talk about smoking crack, how about a Euro spec 3.0l with 90k mi for $6250! That what it sold for. If you want a rolling chassis, it's for sale. Come by the shop and we can chat...
Ferg
Cool Matt, I'll be stopping by sometime soon to check on a few things, and generally bug you guys. Maybe tomorrow

Ferg
Matt Monson
QUOTE (Ferg @ Oct 6 2005, 12:53 PM)
Cool Matt, I'll be stopping by sometime soon to check on a few things, and generally bug you guys. Maybe tomorrow

Ferg

Well,
If you come by while Tom is in Costa Rica, Marie and I can give you extra special price. While the cat's away the mice can play...
xitspd
That seems about right for a genuine 1970 914/6 901/38 engine. We've got one here for $2000, outright.  We've also got another one that for some un-godly reason someone put '68 heads onto. It probably was put into a 911 at some point in it's life. That one is $1750. Neither of them has injection, or exhaust, but the blocks are complete. But bear in mind, we are the "Boutique" pricer in the game, so other shops may be cheaper...

Email me next time you get an original 914-6 low mileage motor. I have a customer in Japan that is interested. xitspd@aol.com
SLKWrx

Now I kind of wish I had taken the rest of the stuff when I picked up the car. Can you believe it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.