Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust sound clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
screwy.gif Make that sense of Volume

Well I have to quite the teener down and I am looking into putting a different muffler onto the Thunderbird set up that is currently on my ride. Right now I have a glass pack on there.

After talking with some of the exhaust shops it seams that this is not a problem but I don't want to have to do this twice so I'm looking for anyone with sound clips of a 2.0l with an aftermarket muffler (not monza, Bursch, or sebring) so I know what type of volume a muffler that can fit on a teener will make.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have the exhaust off and want to get it back on ASAP.
machina
click on my racecar on my webpage, that is a clip of a race at moroso with my old stock 1.7. Had headers and a glass pack.
Mueller
the muffler on the bursh seems to me like a "turbo" or typical V8 style muffler
Jaiden
synthesisdv,
That is very similiar to how my car sounds now. Although the other cars seam to mask it a little. It seams the glass pack is nice once you get up in the rpm's but off the start are running in traffic can be a bit loud.

Do you get a lot of popping on decel with your set up because I sure do.

pop pop pop ar15.gif pop pop pop
machina
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Oct 7 2005, 07:14 AM)
Do you get a lot of popping on decel with your set up because I sure do.

pop pop pop ar15.gif pop pop pop

Not really, maybe you have some raw fuel on decel.

I just got a nice megaphone from a board member here to try out. Can't wait to try it out.
Jaiden
That very well could be. The dellorto's on my car might need an adjustment although it does run strong. Or maybe I'm just not getting a complete burn?

I'll have to start another topic for that!
seanery
here's my triad
Triad 2.0
Hammy
QUOTE (seanery @ Oct 7 2005, 07:05 AM)
here's my triad
Triad 2.0

I like that.....

If anyone else has exhaust sound clips, please chime in smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Here's a 2.0L without a muffler attached. Sorry for the poor audio...it's just mono from a digital camera. File size is a hair over 10Mb sad.gif
machina
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Oct 8 2005, 06:33 PM)
Here's a 2.0L without a muffler attached. Sorry for the poor audio...it's just mono from a digital camera. File size is a hair over 10Mb sad.gif

that was great, sounds like a 1,000 hp smilie_pokal.gif

I remember when I got my car I drove it around the block with the 4 open heat exchanger pipes only....

sounded exactly like a small airplane taking off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.