Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Anyone know who still sells the clothbraided hoses for an EFI D-Jet confused24.gif
billd
Both Pelican Parts and Automobile Atlanta sell 7mm and 9mm braided fuel hose. Most of the stuff in the engine compartment is 7mm.
BMartin914
I bought the kit from AA. It came, on time, but they charged me $14.50 for ground shipping. dry.gif

I was pleased with the kit though. I didn't have to cut any pieces. wink.gif
Gint
I buy the stuff local from a FLAPS in Boulder that I used to work for over 20 years ago. If you check the local import only FLAPS you might get lucky.
double-a
i managed to get about 80% of the hoses i needed from the local vw repair place. they had german hose in all the sizes except for the big one, i think it's 17 or 19mm.

~a
TINCAN914
I waslooking for fuel line today, but couldn't find it. I need to contact a local shop. Based on PP, it looks like the fuel line is 8mm ID, does anyone know? Hoping to find something at Kragen, but not convinced they have it..
Mueller
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 6 2005, 08:45 PM)
I waslooking for fuel line today, but couldn't find it. I need to contact a local shop. Based on PP, it looks like the fuel line is 8mm ID, does anyone know? Hoping to find something at Kragen, but not convinced they have it..

make sure you buy Fuel Injection rated hose...most of the Kragens bulk hoses are for carb. applications
Tobra
Kragen won't have metric fuel line, seems to me I saw a big roll of what looked like the right fuel line on Aircooled.net, not there now though. Got my vacuum lines at the local euro FLAPS, made a big improvement on both the 914 and the L-jet Super Beetle. I have been in search of nice hose clamps locally, perhaps the local VW dealer will have nice German made hose clamps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.