Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stand up guy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif today i met a really nice 914 guy!! paul had listed FREE mags in the club. so i hooked up with him and we chewed the fat for a few!! he has a nice 73. i filled up my front trunk with all the free mags and now have a stash of good reading for a LONG time. hope to meet more teeners. this club rocks and so do the members!! can't believe i miss spelled PORSCHE duh......
reverie
comfy chair + old magazines = a time machine

biggrin.gif cool.gif
jd74914
Hey Firstknight, what color is your 914. I've only seen 2 around here, not counting mine and chris foley's).
Aaron Cox
Pfierb?

if so... the guy rocks. i bought some belts off of him, and they freakin rock.
thanks paul!

AA
firstknight13
yes thats him very cool. jd here's a pic
Sparky
I bomb around Manchester once in awhile in my ugly black '72. You may have also seen Dave C.'s blue slant nose around.

My best,
Mike D.
jd74914
QUOTE (Sparky @ Oct 7 2005, 10:24 PM)
I bomb around Manchester once in awhile in my ugly black '72. You may have also seen Dave C.'s blue slant nose around.

My best,
Mike D.

I've seen a blue slantnose around once, but the cars I was thinking of are yellow (the guy always has the top on) and an ugly brown/gold.

firstknight: what color is you car? is it some kind of irredescent paint?
guywan914
Sparky, I'll have to keep my eyes out better for you, haven't seen you this way. There is a guy with a real nice original black teener around {saw him at Shady Glen one day] The yellow one is also a guy in Manchester have rarely seen it leave his condo[although it does have ski racks on it]And hopefully this spring there will be one more on the road.
jd74914
QUOTE (guywan914 @ Oct 9 2005, 09:23 AM)
Sparky, I'll have to keep my eyes out better for you, haven't seen you this way. There is a guy with a real nice original black teener around {saw him at Shady Glen one day] The yellow one is also a guy in Manchester have rarely seen it leave his condo[although it does have ski racks on it]And hopefully this spring there will be one more on the road.

thats the yellow one. cool.gif and a guy who works at shady glen just sold a /6 conversion (i think he said it was converted)
firstknight13
jd it is copper head bronze. a BASF extreme paint. it changes color as you move around it. the guy at shady glenn about fell over when he saw it and ran out to check it out. didn't know he sold his conversion. can't make enough to play with a PORSCHE working at a icecream place!! or if you know the term " soda jerk " wink.gif . i also have ski racks for mine and plan to go up to vt. this season!!!
jd74914
i don't know if you've ever heard of the simon family. his name is mitch simon. (if you haven't heard of them they owned a porsche shop for a while)

i think he sold it to his dad so that doesn't really count huh.gif
Sparky
QUOTE (guywan914 @ Oct 9 2005, 09:23 AM)

Hey Guy!! wavey.gif How's the roller? I get down that way a couple of times a month on the weekends, runs to Buckland Hills for the wife and Mustangs Unlimited for the toys...

My best,
Mike D.
firstknight13
that is simon as in "simonize" wax etc....
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ Oct 10 2005, 09:41 PM)
that is simon as in "simonize" wax etc....

I don't think there's any connection. I know the owneres of Syndet Products (Simoniz).
Wally Simon used to own Simon Sports Cars (Porsche repair shop) in Bolton many years ago. In those days they had a really fast /6 (conversion?) I've met sons Willy and Guy, never met Mitch. He must be a lot younger to be working at Shady Glen now. Willy used to drive by my house a lot with their enclosed trailer. He knew the lowlife (& family) that lived at the end of my street on Rt 85. I doubt I'll see Willy go by much now, his friends flew the coop under cover of darkness. unsure.gif
Sparky, you should stop by my shop in Manchester next time you drive through here.
The only place I ever see Dave C.'s car (blue slantnose) is at Musante Motorsports.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.