Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: factory euro car??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
has all euro lenses, cant tell speedo, ...dont know any other difference??? LINK
jd74914
looks like a SAE speedo.
BMartin914
Side marker lights. confused24.gif
McMark
If there's no rust, why doesn't the rear trunk lid close correctly? dry.gif

I don't see anything that leads me to believe it's a euro car. The rear PORSCHE reflector tells me that some owner like to mod the car, which makes me believe that the euro lenses were added intentionally.
redshift
hahahaha no rust.... those aren't just leaves reflecting on the rockers!

M
iamchappy
They look like stainless rockers to me.
jd74914
Any idea where you would get stainless rockers?
iamchappy
They used to sell them at performance I had a pair and a buddy of mine had them on his car.
I wonder if you could get the trailer along with the car. This is only about an hour drive away from me.
With some work the trailer could be nice. confused24.gif idea.gif
redshift
hehehe
Dead Air
THIS 1975 PORSCHE 914 HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND HAS BEEN SITTING ON A TRAILER AT MY PLACE FOR 4 YEARS SO IT DOES NOT RUN.

Why is he yelling at us?

Old =/ "does not run", confirm?!
bd1308
dang....I kinda like the wheels and the rear lights......

really like the steering wheel!

Gustl
factory euro car??

if the VIN is correct it can't be a factory euro car - there were no 47629xxxxx cars available in europe

in addition - it seems that there is the "fasten seatbelt" light above the heater control which was not available in europe

same with the sidespot
Andyrew
biggest giveaway was the side marker lights as mentioned above..

No euro cars had side marker lights... It was an american requirement.. (which is why it looks tacked on... It really was)
Gustl
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Oct 7 2005, 10:02 AM)
biggest giveaway was the side marker lights as mentioned above..

No euro cars had side marker lights... It was an american requirement.. (which is why it looks tacked on... It really was)

little correction - Italian cars have the side markers too !!
all others not
Hammy
hijacked.gif is it still required to keep the sidemarkers unsure.gif ?
McMark
Technically, yes. But it's also techincally illegal to remove the FI, swap engines and plenty of other things we do anyway. At least in CA.
Hammy
QUOTE (McMark @ Oct 7 2005, 01:33 AM)
Technically, yes.  But it's also techincally illegal to remove the FI, swap engines and plenty of other things we do anyway.  At least in CA.

ah.. but at what point in time would this actually be checked? biggrin.gif Sidemarkers, that is...
Andyrew
the common thought is that if you shave the lights, its a no good...

slapping on euro lenses on top of that, no good...

Converting the lights to have the turn signal and light is considered "Eh, I guess its factory"

Wont be ticketed except for a 914 knowing fuzz looking for the v8 thats terrorizing town... (cus unless he wanted to slam you, then a 914 knowing fuzz wouldnt give you a ticket for something like that...)

Besides, I know I have about 5 other ticketable offenses.

1. my horn doesnt work (fuse...)
2. I have 5 point harness's
3. Im not smog legal... even though its 73
4. I have a non stock engine.
5. I have a "excessively noisy" exhaust system
6. Im a teenager

but I DO have a front license plate.

They aint ticketing me on that.
davep
I wonder if that is an original Scarlet red car. Can't say if I've ever seen one.

Lots of mods done to that car.
mack914
Between the Nardi steering wheel and the Euro lenses there's the price of the car right there. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.