Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dellorto DRLA 40's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
Trying to get my freshly overhauled 2056 running right. Decided to take a closer look at how the carbs are set-up. Here is what I found:

Vents 28mm

Idle jets 65

Main jets 122

Air corrector jets 195

emmulsion .2

Seems like they are set-up for a VW bus or something. Found a store on Ebay that sell Dellorto parts. The guy (Gabriele) that runs the store seems to know his Dellortos. So I ordered:

Vents 34mm

Idle Jets 60

Main Jets 132

Rebuid kits

Need 180 Air correctors but she doesn't have any so have to run the 195's for now.

I tried to order 32mm vents but he insisted that I need 34's.
Jake Raby
Those carbs came from a Fiat, hence the odd vent and jetting sizes...

The set up you have ordered will work fine, but a 180 air with a 140 main would be my preference.. She was right- the 34 vent is *THE* vent for a dell- otherwise the progression circuits are worthless and thats what make dells so superior to everything else.
MarkV
I thought Fiat used side draft DHLA's confused24.gif

So the 195 Air Correctors will make it run lean at cruise?

It runs pretty strong with the 28mm Vents, lots of bottom end. Gets kind of flat after 4,000 rpm, hope the 34's wake it up.
groot
I've purchased all of my Dellorto parts (I compiled an entire jetting kit) from Gabrielle.... HE is great to work with and doesn't charge too much IMO. The only problem is the time it takes to get the parts from overseas.
lapuwali
OEM, Fiat used IDAs on the 124 twincam in Europe. DRLAs may have been commonly used in the aftermarket. In the US, all we got on the 124 was a single DGV. 80hp instead of 120hp. dry.gif

MarkV
Thats funny, laugh.gif I thought Gabriele was a she.
groot
One e-mail I shared with Gabrielle a while ago made me change my thoughts about Gabrielle's gender.... I forget specifically what it was, but my foot was probably in my mouth for something.... or I could be totally wrong about it.
MarkV
w00t.gif

Gabriele

English translation/equivalent: Gabriel

Origin: Derived from the Hebrew Gabri'el, composed from either gabar "to be strong" or gheber "man" and from El, abbreviation of Elohim "God." It can mean "God was strong," or "man of God" (for the human appearance the angel assumed during its apparitions).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.