Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: triad exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Interested in changing my Bursch for something that might give a little better sound.
Anyone in GGR LPR have one that I might be able to hear? On a 2.0L.
How do you like them? What about workmanship and longevity? Worth the increased cost over the Bursch?

Get my billet hubs on Saturday....yippeeeeee boldblue.gif clap.gif

Mueller
decided against running headers??

going to buy a pumpkin on Saturday?? biggrin.gif
McMark
I don't have one, the last one I heard was leave my shop headed for Washington state. (Hi Brad! wavey.gif) I think they're one of the nicest sounding exhaust systems out there.
Hammy
QUOTE (McMark @ Oct 6 2005, 11:25 PM)
I don't have one, the last one I heard was leave my shop headed for Washington state.  (Hi Brad!  :wavey:)  I think they're one of the nicest sounding exhaust systems out there.

Are they heavy? smile.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 7 2005, 12:05 AM)
Interested in changing my Bursch for something that might give a little better sound.
Anyone in GGR LPR have one that I might be able to hear?  On a 2.0L.
How do you like them?  What about workmanship and longevity?  Worth the increased cost over the Bursch?

Get my billet hubs on Saturday....yippeeeeee boldblue.gif  :clap:

I'm less like GGR LPR... more like OKC, OK. biggrin.gif

But nevertheless, here's my TRIAD summation...

Workmanship: solid 10+

Longevity: mine's 3 years old... still sounds "new".

And friends today say "that sounds BAD!"

Worth the cost: Damn straight! wink.gif

When I purchased mine, Dave (Triad), said he was leaving the country and it would be another ten days before he could ship. Got an email the next day said he stayed up all night to fab, paint, package and ship and that it was on it's way!

And weeks later he asked if everything was okay.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a 914 brother.

They are somewhat "heavy". I have a lightweight "stubby" performance exhaust (sounds horrible unless it's WOT), that is 10# compared to the the Triads 20#. But for my purposes (AX), I think the Triad makes up for it's weight in better lower end grunt (torque). If I were doing "track" , I'd probably opt'd for something more free flowing. But for street... nothing sounds as good as that Triad! rolleyes.gif

redshift
Hell's trumpet.... happy11.gif

next...

M
seanery
Triad on a 2.0
Twin tip with pep boys chrome tips fitted. biggrin.gif
user posted image
drgchapman
Bought my traid about a year ago. Great worksmanship. Sounds awesome. I cut valance to fit the double exhaust. The only reason to do another exhaust is if you want headers and no heat.

TRIAD EXHAUST clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif
Aaron Cox
not to be an echo... but its badass.

very well constructed.... THICK flanges at the HE's unlike bursch... came with hardware and gaskets.
sounds BAD ass at idle.... ands freakin throaty at full throttle at 5k with carbs happy11.gif

also sounds cool on Decel burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.