Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of buying another 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Just got a call about a teener in need of rescue. Six conversion (rebuilt 2.7, carbs), six oil tank, cage, lots of extras, described to me as the only good looking slope nose 914 ever. Not altogether, but not far off. Now I need another 914 like I need another hole in the head. But my other voice says buy, buy, buy. I guess I have to go look at it.

T.C.
736conver
If the price is right, you must buy.
DNHunt
Shooting is too good for you. You should be made to suffer all the cosequences of ownership just for considering buying a second one. You should suffer worse than Pharoh during the plaques of Egypt. Suffer on the rack, a Chinese water turture on you. Burning at the stake is too good for you. How could you even consider it?

Any idea what shipping is to Washington?

Dave
SirAndy
QUOTE (carr914 @ Oct 7 2005, 12:07 PM)
I guess I have to go look at it.

take pics, post them here and we'll talk you out of it! (or not ...)

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
URY914
Out-of-your-mind....
carr914
Paul, you might know of this car. Dave Beck, son of the Beck replica guy, used to work at Dave Whites and built this car. I remember Dave but can't remember the car. Maybe after I see it I will remember. It has 1990 300 ZX headlights fitted with a custom hood, flares with 15x7 & 9s Gottis, boxed rockers.

T.C.
watsonrx13
Oh no, not again.... biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
I should try to influnce you but I won't...
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (736conver @ Oct 7 2005, 02:42 PM)
If the price is right, you must buy.

agree.gif even if you just pass it to another member, or someone who wants one... youHAVE to do it...

the power of Porsche compels you (sprinkles motor oil towards you)
URY914
QUOTE (carr914 @ Oct 7 2005, 12:11 PM)
Paul, you might know of this car. Dave Beck, son of the Beck replica guy, used to work at Dave Whites and built this car. I remember Dave but can't remember the car. Maybe after I see it I will remember. It has 1990 300 ZX headlights fitted with a custom hood, flares with 15x7 & 9s Gottis, boxed rockers.

T.C.

Know it?

Shit I got pictures of it at home. I'll post them when I get home.

It sat outside uncovered for several years. sad.gif

Paul
carr914
Yeah, It sat uncovered, has been sold a couple of times, money poured into it, but never finished.

T.C.
URY914
Here it is...
URY914
It sat over in Drew Park in a white trash apartment building parking lot. The pics were taken at least 4 years ago.

Good luck... biggrin.gif
Andyrew
I like it.....
Rand
Thanks for the pix. I was dying to see what it looked like. More please. smile.gif

I'm not a slant-nosed fan, but I have to say, I kinda like it too.

Veddy interestink.

smilie_pokal.gif
siverson
That car was also in European Car (back when it had 914 content), and at one point (early 90s) had a 3.6 in it...

-Steve
URY914
QUOTE (siverson @ Oct 7 2005, 12:53 PM)
That car was also in European Car (back when it had 914 content), and at one point (early 90s) had a 3.6 in it...

-Steve

The price just went up... rolleyes.gif
Twystd1
Buying another 914 has got to be the dumbest, idiotic decision you will ever make.!!!

Get over the notion that Teeners are fun and all that bull shit.

They are a pain in the ass and they don't work that well unless you put in about 4 - 10 times what they are worth..

Dude.. Get Real... Get over it. Take care of your family.. Spend your money wisely.

NOW since you aren't going to buy this Teenr. Tell me where it is... Cause I need a third Teener to go with my other two....

Twystd1
type47
OK ar15.gif

.... ummm, how much do you want for the oil tank?.... biggrin.gif
carr914
Anybody have that issue of European Car? Now I remember the car. Thanks Paul. Are there any 914s that you don't have pictures of?

T.C.
grasshopper
... interesting flares huh.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 7 2005, 12:24 PM)
I should try to influnce you but I won't...
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

[QUOTE]

Thinking of buying more driveway space...
Hammy
BUY BUY BUY BUY mueba.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (URY914 @ Oct 7 2005, 01:35 PM)
Here it is...

icon8.gif barf.gif

that's all i have to say about it. if, and that's a BIG *IF* it has a 3.6L in it, i'd keep it and put some real fenders on that "thing".

that nose and flares look just plain butt-ugly!

of course, that's just my very personal, humble opinion ...
biggrin.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
welder.gif (Insert Darth Vader voice) The NARP side of the Porsche compels you to buy another 914! welder.gif

(had to use the welder...it's as close to a Darth Vader mask as I could get) lol2.gif
carr914
Well the gun must be full of blanks, cuz I ain't buying. Looked at it today. Yes it's that blue one in the pictures, but disassembled. After sitting outside, water got in thru the carbs. The motor (2.7) has since been worked on but not reassembled. The paint had started to bubble, so it was taken down to metal and reworked to close up the gaps. However since then it has sat in a barn and there is surface rust everywhere. IMHO it would need to media blasted. It does have some good points; the front flares and nose are one piece as is the rear flare/bumper. These are off the car and look fairly easy to reattach or you could put GT flares over the cutouts. There is a factory oil tank in nice shape, a Patrick engine mount, Gotti Wheels, GT style engine lid, headers and a room full of interior/weatherstrip/misc. parts.
I was hoping that it was closer to what the picture shows. I could have kept some of the drivetrain pieces and sold off the rolling chassis/body to someone who had to have the look. But now I don't think the roller would bring enough to justify the purchase of the pieces. Or I could hope he gets desperate and drops his price. If someone out there HAS to have this, let me know and I can relay info. It has potential and would be unique, But I have a real project (74 lightweight Carrera) to contend with.

T.C.
Stutgart46
Hey T.C.,
Your car looks great. How is the 911 coming?
I heard that Beck was not related to the Beck of California. Jason ran into a guy out there and he said there was no relation.
I remember that car from many moons ago. It reminds me of one of those Testarossa body kits that people put on Fiero's.
If you run across any good deals let me know. There aren't any here.
Later,
Chad
URY914
Chad where the hell you been? You haven't posted in months.

Paul
Stutgart46
I've been too busy working.
We just closed on a new house today so I hope I can start having fun again.
I sold my '72 but I still have a roller and I'm looking at a couple of finished cars so that I can enjoy myself and work on one at the same time. I stripped my roller down to resemble your (Paul) car. I'm not sure what I'm going to with it yet.
carr914
Chad, Glad to hear you are doing well. As far as Beck is concerned, everyone (White, Bruns, Pannacione, Scooter, etc) told me he was the Beck replica guys son and that Dave is now working for his dad. But what the hell do I know? The 914-6 is more or less finished and the Carrera is in the bodyshop.

T.C.
carr914
Well it's mine, or at least for awhile. I'm keeping some of it, will be selling the chassis/tub, Patrick bar, oil tank, 914-6 headers, cage either to you guys or eBay.

T.C.
ein 6er
congrats t.c.!!

do you think this is "the" beck 914?
ein 6er
beck
carr914
Doug, Where did you get the article? That's the car, but mine has the turn signals cut out for a slopenose look and 1990 300ZX headlights.

T.C.
ein 6er
i've got the mag!!
ein 6er
t.c., here is a thread paul started on pelican a while back about this car.
URY914
QUOTE (ein 6er @ Nov 14 2005, 05:38 PM)
t.c., here is a thread paul started on pelican a while back about this car.

Wow, people are talking abouit me and it's all good! rolleyes.gif
URY914
QUOTE (carr914 @ Nov 14 2005, 03:24 PM)
Well it's mine, or at least for awhile. I'm keeping some of it, will be selling the chassis/tub, Patrick bar, oil tank, 914-6 headers, cage either to you guys or eBay.

T.C.

T.C.

There is a member here that needs a windshield. You said a couple came with it?
carr914
Doug, Do you have a scanner, so I could read the article? Paul, Yes there are 2 windshields thou I haven't looked them over yet.

T.C.
ein 6er
yeah, but i'll have to dig it out and scan it.
ein 6er
p.1
ein 6er
p.2
ein 6er
p.3
carr914
Thanks Doug.

T.C.
shadygrady
I almost bought it myself 2 weeks ago, but looked like a lot more work than I wanted to tackle. You gonna keep those wheels?

Grady
carr914
After much debating,I am keeping the wheels as I can offset the purchase of this car by selling a set of 15x9 Fuchs that I was going to use. The wheels were rougher than I thought, but are 15x10 & 15x8. I took them off the car and brought them home. The bolts for the connection(3 piece are shot) and I just ordered new ones. The front wheels had holes drilled to hold the bead like a dragster. I'll have to weld/fill these in. The rears are already at the polishers shop. The 2nd set of carbs are already gone and I have a guy going to look at the roller tommorrow.
Last night was like Christmas morning, opening all the boxes. Among the surprizes; a set of big Brembros, 14 2.7 heads, a Getty 911 style gauge cluster for a 914, molds for flared rockers, a 914 owners manual and factory tool pouch.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.