Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is your car actually running?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dead Air
Where are you at?
messix
drive mine allmost daily
Eddie914
The 2.7 dropped a valve and shattered a piston in late August. The replacement 2.7 is getting the tranny and engine mount bolted-on this weekend. If a few people show up on Sunday ... it might be running.

Too much bad shit has happened this last week. Too many funerals to attend.

Eddie
BMartin914
How about my car looks good, runs good and I absolutley love it????????????????

I refuse to adm...I mean...say my car is slow. dry.gif

Did I mention I LOVE it! wub.gif
736conver
Hopefully one weekend away from driving again. See my blog for details
rjames
the paint is fair, it runs well.... and slow? You obviously haven't seen me going downhill before!
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Oct 7 2005, 05:21 PM)
Where are you at?

no option to check for me ... sad.gif

there's quite a few daily drivers out there that *don't* have a 3.0L and *don't* think of their car as "slow" ...

i guess you're missing out on 50+% of the demographics ....
cool.gif Andy
jd74914
mine runs great but needs a new clutch so i'm kinda in the middle
Dead Air
OK
I thought I should limit the poll to a few choices...
"3.0Lcis "infers" everything between 2056 cc fours to 3.6 L sixes.
But the responses already indicate runners that need paint work.
Mine need BOTH!
5 should = if it looks good and it feels good. OK?
Dead Air
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 7 2005, 04:56 PM)
Where are you at?

there's quite a few daily drivers out there that *don't* have a 3.0L and *don't* think of their car as "slow" ...

i guess you're missing out on 50+% of the demographics ....
cool.gif Andy

[QUOTE]

I left the "racing" option for you anyway, Andy.
Sparky
Mines ugly as sin, runs like a top, stops like it should, and is hated by my wife dry.gif

Mike D.
markb
Mine runs great, but is in the shop getting paint & bodywork. #2 car looks bad but runs good.
elocke
I voted 2 for both of mine. Both need paint/body work but were registered this summer. The V8's my daily, non-rainy driver.
dbledsoe
Wrong questions for a poll of this type.

First, I've got two 914s. One is on jackstands and one isn't. The one that isn't has a new 3.8L Buick V6, not some wimpy 3.0L engine. My 3.8 has a shit load of power. The other will be getting a 4.1L Buick V6. Sorry, but Type IV engines leak oil, eat valves, and are simply persnickety. In short, if you're not Jake Raby, or don't have the money to buy one of his engines, the Type IVs suck.
Allan
I think you forgot a category: All my machanicals are great but needs attention to looks.
URY914
Give me less than 24 hours and you'll be able to hear from your front door... happy11.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (Headrage @ Oct 7 2005, 05:51 PM)
I think you forgot a category: All my machanicals are great but needs attention to looks.

[QUOTE]

2. my 914's ugly but she's a runner
nuevecatorce
QUOTE (Sparky @ Oct 7 2005, 05:31 PM)
Mines ugly as sin, runs like a top, stops like it should, and is hated by my wife dry.gif

Mike D.

That makes two of us Mike! biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Mines a daily driver....she's drives me nuts....daily laugh.gif

Bill P.
iamchappy
My wife hates mine also.
headbang.gif
porschecb
It could my daily driver. but I chose not to. My car needs nothing! biggrin.gif
914GT
Another daily-driver V8. With good paint.
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif like andy posted there isn't an option for me IT is a daily driver ?? you decide!! it will be better after the wrx turbo is in!!!
firstknight13
or this one??
Rouser
Drive it whenever it's not pouring outside, and cover it up at work when it looks like it will.

Even showed up at Paul's (URY914) house this past weekend for some idle chit-chat. So what happens? It pours. mad.gif
LvSteveH
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but now that run of the mill family sedans are going 0-60 in six seconds, all but the fastest 914's are fairly slow. Fast or slow is a relative term, and sub 200hp 914's are relatively slow.

That being said, I have a ball with my 75p 1.8L bus motor. You feel like you are going fast because you are screaming along at 5000rpm to keep up with a soccer mom with a heavy foot driving a Navigator. If it wasn't for the other cars I'd swear I was hauling ass.

driving.gif

jimtab
Slow doesn't mean shit....QUICK...now THAT mattrers...and THAT is the difference between our cars and most of their cars...new or old....I rest my case. By the way mine looks lovely and I think it runs well and is kinda fast....now if only I were a more skillful driver.... happy11.gif
ajracer
Not pretty yet, but running and driveable, still sorting out some items.

Running a 1995 Chevy LT1 engine connected to a 2000 Boxster tranny.

Allan
Pugbug
Had a fun trouble free summer. Fast enough for me, but I won't drive in the rain.

sportlicherFahrer
laugh.gif Mine still runs, but it has this HUGE dent on the passenger side. More like the passenger side is the dent! All I got to do is change the RR tire and I technically could "drive" mine again. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
I actulay drove 2 914's that I own, today.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Seagrave
Yep, this puppy runs just fine. There's always a little something else that I could probably do but I'm confident that I could drive it anywhere and not worry about failures. 175K on the car (engine rebuild to center of spec at 135K). Sees about 2500 miles a year. Don't drive in the rain anymore, but it has seen plenty (hey, it's Oregon) and snow too.
TINCAN914
Does this answer your question? It ran until I decided to start working on it.... dry.gif
Brando
My 914 starts every morning I need it to, needs some serious bodywork, and kicks ass at the autocross track!
porsha916
I drove two of mine today wub.gif , daily driver 15 miles round trip to work, and the 215v8 80 miles round trip to pick up my son from school, Both are fun!! One has a lot more power biggrin.gif
Take Care
Bill
Andyrew
I think mine qualify's for fast as hell and ugly as dirt.

Andrew
mack914
My 2.2T kicks ass, paint is excellent, cardon fiber lids on black paint, with chrome five lug fuchs and '83 SC front suspension. Clutch tube being rewelded and car should be on the road sometime before the snow flys. I will post pictures as soon as I get my baby on the road. Been waiting 3 years. happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
rhodyguy
i don't park in the rain. drive? sure.

the robot in sack-o-potatoes
Rusty
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 7 2005, 08:56 PM)
Where are you at?

Me either. My cars run, but they're in storage. They CAN be daily drivers, but they're lacking a driver.
Aaron Cox
looks like crap... goes like stink.

Suspension is fully sorted.... flared ugly body... great motor....

just needs body and paint.... (here we come!)
Mugs914
Well, I DO love the 3.0Lcis! monkeydance.gif

It's my daily driver and it "goes like stink" too! I recently rebuilt the top end and gearbox ("As long as it's out I oughta..."), But it could use some new paint.

One of these days...
DonTraver
Mines a daily driver, semi pure stock, only changes are side-shifter with new gears, springs and torsions bars, and I made engine fittings to operate digital gages and still have the stock gages work too. She's a keeper
goose2
daily driver...unless it's raining...up on jackstands soon for 3.0
morph
just got body & paint to finish.runs great,
james
pfierb
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ Oct 7 2005, 10:25 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif like andy posted there isn't an option for me IT is a daily driver ?? you decide!! it will be better after the wrx turbo is in!!!

Did it run and handle better with the magazines in the front trunk?
Paul F.
mikerose
QUOTE (porschecb @ Oct 7 2005, 06:22 PM)
It could my daily driver. but I chose not to. My car needs nothing! biggrin.gif

Well mine could use some paint on the right fender. But she is FAST biggrin.gif
prman602
When I bought my car it was beautiful smilie_pokal.gif Then, I decided to install a 2.4L s engine, replace the fiberglass flares with steel and convert the rotors to 5 lugs. sounds simple driving.gif . Except that the S.O.B. who sold me the car covered all of the rust with bondo and painted it. ar15.gif hijacked.gif. After finding the rust, I decided to do a full restoration. The exowner also put bondo on the frame to make it look like it was o.k. pissoff.gif spank.gif. I did get lucky there is only one bad rot area, that is at the passenger jack support and the bend up into the wheel well. So far I have remove 60lbs of bondo and ordered 2 rear quarter panels, 1 front fender, 1 door and some replacement parts for the frame. This is turning out to coast a lot of $$$$$$.

The worst part is that I can't do all of the work, I have no experience with welding or body work and don't know anyone in the area who does. The rest I can Handle.

That's my story!!! sad.gif mad.gif wub.gif
ThinAir
I don't have a 3.x engine or a 6, but I voted a 5 because it seemed to fit the spirit of the poll. Mine definitely needs nothing at this point and it runs wonderfully.

I've been driving mine every day since it went back on the road in June - except for this past week. The electrical portion of my ignition switch needed replacing and I didn't feel like doing it by light bulb so the project waited until today. It went pretty easey and now it's all washed and pretty and ready to go again! driving.gif
MoveQik
Looks good. Runs perfect. Yeah, it's slow.
TimT
Ummmm

none of the above

both run

my 3.2/6 carbed 914 is wicked fast

and my 2.0 EFI 911 has just barked back to life and sounds better than ever
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.