Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW ALUMINUM THRESHOLDS & CARPET RAILS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just found on eBay: item #8005865015

I wonder if anyone knows these parts, if they are good quality idea.gif
I mean, are they worth the money the seller is asking for confused24.gif
sj914
Not sure if their an exact copy of the original ones, but they were used on the early 914 70-73ish.

imho the aluminum ones are better than the latter plastic pieces.
dlo914
QUOTE (sj914 @ Oct 7 2005, 11:39 PM)
Not sure if their an exact copy of the original ones, but they were used on the early 914 70-73ish.

imho the aluminum ones are better than the latter plastic pieces.

agree.gif the plastic pieces are so...cheesy! dry.gif gonna prolly fab some out of sheet metal or something smile.gif
Jacco
they look pretty good, but are quite pricy...
I should have a NOS OEM set of aluminium sills and carpet rails some where but I don't have access to them at the moment.
I could check in the weekend of october 20th if you like

greets
Jacco
Doug Leggins
I bought a set but haven't installed them yet. I should have them installed within the next week.

I have compared the new parts to a good set of originals and have held the new parts in place to check the fit. The new ones are near an exact match of the originals. The size and hole locations look to be perfect. The corners also have the same radius as the originals. My expectation is that these will install the same as the orginals -correct size, hole locations and bend angles.

There are only a couple of very slight differences that I have seen. 1) The color is more dark, reflective silver than the originals. The originals are lighter in color. This could be due to the age of the originals -they were likely a different color when new. I like the the color of the new ones better. 2) The raised rib pattern on the surface has different spacing. This is pretty much imperceptible. I only discovered the difference when I laid the new and old end to end and counted the number of raised rib groups. The old threshold has 16 raised rib sets and the new has 15. I would not expect that anyone would ever notice this difference. I only saw it because I was so impressed with the detail of the reproduction that I scrutinized the parts very closely to find any differences that I could.

The parts look great! I think that $150.00 is a fair price. The attention to detail, quality and care, are obvious in these parts.
grasshopper
isn't this a club member?? was at WCC 05???
Mueller
The parts look great! I think that $150.00 is a fair price. The attention to detail, quality and care, are obvious in these parts.

I agree, that is good price for the amount of work that goes into them. From the pictures, they look to be very nice.

gklinger
In the 914 Resources, Parts and Products section: Link
Gustl
many thanks for all your input pray.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Doug Leggins
I have the driver's side installed. Great product! They fit perfect.
Doug Leggins
a little closer look
JB 914
QUOTE (Gustl @ Oct 7 2005, 11:39 PM)
just found on eBay: item #8005865015

I wonder if anyone knows these parts, if they are good quality idea.gif
I mean, are they worth the money the seller is asking for confused24.gif

I met those guys at a couple of the 914 swap meets. I saw the product and it looked good to me. i plan on getting some for my project if i ever get that close to finishing it wacko.gif
skline
Anyone who attended the WCC this year and was there the night before the track event saw these guys. They were selling them right by the car wash area when you drove in. Great guys, they like to build V8 914's. They used to have a nicly done white one that has been to the D&G a few times but I heard they crashed it. Now they are working on another one.
xitspd
ohmy.gif I just bought a set off of ebay. Should be here next week...................
xitspd
ohmy.gif Wow! Excellent product with attention to detail, well packaged with extra end protection. on a scale of 1 to 10..... 10 smilie_pokal.gif

Dan
Qarl
I agree, a perfect product. Don't hesitate!
ein 6er
hey doug!! where did you get the white pop rivets?
dbledsoe
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Oct 14 2005, 09:34 PM)
I have the driver's side installed. Great product! They fit perfect.

Doug,

I don't mean to hijacked.gif this thread but just wanted to say what a beautiful job you're doing on your 914. Do you have build pics anywhere?

Don
Doug Leggins
I got the white rivets from Stoddard in Ohio.

Don - Pics are scattered in various posts. When I have time I'll try to do something to group some pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.