Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Here is my plan...unless someone can make a better argument.

So I now have my billet front hubs, so I am going to be running M calipers with Pagid orange in front. With SC vented rotors.
For the rear I can either run stock 4 rears or put the stock 4 fronts on the rear. With mid performance or stock pads.
Remove the stock proportioning valve and place a T? or leave proportioning valve?
Parking brake will be removed regardless because of roll bar interference with hand brake mechanism.

Will be running stock 4 bolt Fuchs with "R" rated tires.

So give me your best shots, suggestions etc.

rolleyes.gif
Dave_Darling
T or adjustable valve. The adjustable one is preferred, because you can fiddle the balance if you find it's got too much rear bias. But, according to a number of other people around here, you shouldn't have too much rear bias...

--DD
KenH
"T"

Easier to bleed the brake system.

Firm petal.

Set bias with brake pads.

Also go to 19mm master cylinder.

Ken
Eric_Shea
Too much rear brake. Porsche didn't go with that much brake on the rear (42mm pistons) until 1984. They coupled it with 48mm front pistons at that time (and a first for a 911... a p-valve).

I would use:

M-Calipers up front as stated.
19mm MC as stated.
Leave the P-Valve in place
"Narrow" Rear M-calipers with 38mm pistons (off a 68-69 911 or later ones, 70-83 with the spacer removed) on the rear.

This would give you the exact same configuration as a 914-6 (w/o the parking brake of course)
goose2
"Narrow" Rear M-calipers with 38mm pistons (off a 68-69 911 or later ones, 70-83 with the spacer removed) on the rear.
There are some early M calipers over in the classifieds right now......I bet you can get them real cheap wink.gif parts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.