Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 Motor Mounting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
One of the challenges for this 3.6 project I'm working on is installing a custom air conditioning setup. So, with that in mind I've been comparing a stock 914-6 engine mount plate with the stock 3.6 mount bar with AC mount. I thought I'd share my findings. It looks like the best way to make this work is to cut down the 3.6 mount bar and weld on a tube to interface with the stock 914-6 body mount. The only consideration left to explore is how the engine tin will fit into this picture. I'm heading out to search my stash for 914-6 tin now.
goose2
I have an air cond. compressor mount from a 3.0 if that's any help...yours for the shipping cost.
McMark
Thanks, I have the mount (leftmost picture) so I'm set in that department. The issue is going to be space. This was just a nice comparison of the two mounts. The stock six mount would obviously work well for mounting the engine, but would mean a completely custom AC bracket. The 3.6 has a perfect AC mount, but doesn't interface with the stock six body. The answer is to combine the two.

confused24.gif I thought this would be more interesting. confused24.gif

I guess I'm over my new thread limit for the day. A whopping four new threads. wacko.gif
goose2
OK, I get it, but I think the 3.0 mount is slightly different and possibly easier to work with.....but what do I know about air....I live in Oregon dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.