Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door gap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, put the 914 on jack stands today, with a 2x6 underneath of each, to level the car out. I think it worked pretty well. Is the gap big enough now, to weld in a brace, before i replace the longs, or should it be bigger. I compared it to the other teener, and they look to be close to the same. Here is the before.....ignore the big hole next to it. I did some work today, that i am pretty pleased with smile.gif
grasshopper
after
grasshopper
how is that?? bigger?? Thanks
Lou W
Looks better in the second picture. I think in the Classic section, you can find the factory dimensions to get the gaps right. smile.gif
grasshopper
here is a pic of it up on jack stands
GWN7
You can check the gap Here It gives all the measurements. Good luck. It looks like your off to a good start. beerchug.gif
qa1142
I bet mesurement from windshield fram to targa bar would be best for your issue.
grasshopper
THANKS clap.gif
michelko
Hi Grasshoper,
be aware that putting in some heat into the tub will make it shrink a little bit. You have to adjust a little more gap then you want after Welding.
I went fine with about 3-4 mm plus with my Hell Hole restoration.
Not sure if this is also the right amount for your project confused24.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (michelko @ Oct 9 2005, 09:54 PM)
be aware that putting in some heat into the tub will make it shrink a little bit.

he's right ...

you can add some bracing (see attached pic) before welding to prevent the tub from tweaking ...

also, you should consider removing the top and adding a "X" brace between the targa bar and the windshield hoop.
attach it where the targa latches are and the sunvisor mounts ...
smash.gif Andy
grasshopper
Thanks guys!!!! im going to start fabricating those braces today!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Oct 9 2005, 04:43 PM)
how is that?? bigger?? Thanks

[QUOTE]

All I can see is a big GASH in the quarter panel. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.