Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad you didnt tell us about 914clubJapan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Looky what I stumbled on...

http://www.porsche914club.jp/index.html

Can anyone here speak/email Japanese...?
vortrex
what would you like to know? my gf can translate.
Mockmaw
That is so kick ass!
seanery
Here's a great photo link page!

They've got some nice cars!
seanery
more
vortrex
some translation...

it costs $30 to join to get more info from the site.

also, the 9th car down on the members car page (3.2L) mentions andial in the "details" category. it also has coilovers and an external oil cooler.
seanery
more
seanery
more
seanery
more
seanery
more
seanery
more
seanery
more
vortrex
the 10th car down is a red '71 GT, says all original except for seat, brakes, and engine. hmm.
Qarl
Holy sh!t! Pretty cool!

The one guy with the white 914-6 looks like the host of Iron Chef!

Iron Chef Japanese and his 914/6 takes on Iron Chef Italian in his Ferrari Dino....
vortrex
here's one for you bowlsby!

4742914980 on the members car page is a can am edition and is white/red. it is a 3 owner car and all original except the bumper, has 200,000km on it. says only 20 can ams were imported to japan.
Qarl
I sent them an e-mail to come visit this site!

karl
JeffBowlsby
here's one for you bowlsby!

4742914980 on the members car page is a can am edition and is white/red. it is a 3 owner car and all original except the bumper, has 200,000km on it. says only 20 can ams were imported to japan.

Man your awsome. Did you see the car...its in one of the photos posted here.

I got all tingly inside when I saw this site. I knew the Japanese were good in baseball...but I had no idea they had an affinity for fine our german road machines.

I had no clue that there were that many 914s delivered...much less a club even...If there were 20 Limited Editions imported to Japan they must have had several thousand 914s also.

I would like to email the owner of the LE car if anyone here can connect us. I want more details and photos of the car for the 914 LE website.

It would be cool to have them participate here on this board...

Has anyone seen the couple of mentions for Japanese 914 parts in the restoration books? Seems to me there was a special tach and sidemarker lenses just for Japan.
seanery
Bowlsby,

It's very common for the Japanese to buy cars in SoCal and ship them back.
My mechanic in LA used to deal with a couple guys who would buy 911 & 914 shells
then build a hot rod out of it with a big 6, put some paint on it and sell them for quite a bit in Japan.

They almost always had at least one car in the shop.
rhodyguy
a clean datsun roadster, spl/srl, from the u.s.will fetch $17 to $20k in japan. the taxing system for cars there is the opposite as ours. costs go up as the car gets older. ever wonder why there are so many "cheap" crate engines for cars from japan? with the lack of space/parking, those costs make kobe beef seem like stew meat.

kevin
seanery
If I remember correctly, they can't use an engine for more than 25k miles there.
They are incredibly strict on emissions.
That doesn't go for 'classic' cars, though. That's the answer I was given by my
friends into the ricey stuff in LA.
vortrex
"Seems to me there was a special tach"

you are right about this jeff, the owner notes this in the details of this car. it is some special 8000 rpm tach. hard to get the translation on it since my gf knows nothing about cars! smile.gif
rhodyguy
SR(L)311-(U). w/ solex's, 150 B.H.P/138 ft lbs torque (SAE). height of center of gravity 18.503". i bought one when i got out of the service. went like stink, drove the wheels off it. they had a very successful racing program. dominated to the point they were sort of "banned" to level the playing field.seven out of the first eight spots in class d production @ the 1969 ARRC.

kevin
Bleyseng
Sean, I think its 50k on engines. Seattle is flooded with Japanese "Take out" motors, if fact that is what Blair bought when he got his RX7 13b Turbo 2 motor for his first gen project.
Also, Surianme is flooded with 5 year old Japanese cars. They buy em used in Japan with 50k on em and them ship them to Suriname to resell. Nothing but Japanese cars in Suriname, very weird.
Way cool site, I'll have to invite my Japanses friends over to translate for me.
Kevin. I saw one of those early Datsun roadsters yesterday. What years did they make em?

Geoff
bernbomb914
Did you notice the wheels on the white car? Very nice 4 bolt.

Bernie ph34r.gif
Brad Roberts
I started that club last year to see if it would take off..LOL

Great job.. somebody invite them over. We are standing a 90% chance they write/speak english.

I wish the German guy's would spend some time on this BBS...

B
cgnj
I didn't notice any right hand drive cars. Many of the non-flared cars have USA side markers. Did Japan get USA spec cars?

Carlos
URY914
How come nobody have made any "rice" comments yet? idea.gif

Paul
redshift
You just did!

I love Datsun 2000s, that is quite a car, 240Zs are also cool.

Ricers R00l!

M
rhodyguy
geoff, the first production of the roadsters was in 65' i think. badged as the "fairlady". prob some trans to english that turn out wrong, made it sound girly and guys wouldn't have it. 3 girl's single mothers i knew in h.s. drove them. ran to 70 i believe then came the z's.

kevin
rick 918-S
Way cool, I'm going to have my sons friend come over and help me post a message on that site. My sons friend was an exchange student and has visited over there a couple of times since. He met a girl overthere and had her and her parents visit here in the states. I think there in puppy wub... wub.gif You know 16 year olds... confused24.gif
MarkV
Looks like they do club meetings at restaurants too. I think the guy in the foreground is Brads Japanese counterpart, but I don't see an Iced tea or green hair.

w00t.gif
vortrex
and they even take blury pics too!!
Bleyseng
I posted on the BBS with the help of one of my Japanese friends who translated the gist of board.
Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 9 2003, 08:24 PM)
I posted on the BBS with the help of one of my Japanese friends who translated the gist of board.
Geoff

and? icon14.gif
Bleyseng
No replies yet or I haven't seen any posts here from Japan either.

Geoff
Carrera916
Jeff,

I do have a friend here from Japan and he's a frigging car nuts...especially with the Datsuns... I can ask him to translate it for me if you could direct me to exactly where you want to know.....

oh hell, i'll have him read the whole thing and fill me in....

j
Bleyseng
My friend, Hisako, read to me quite alot of it especially in the members page. Pretty much the same stuff we say here "Totally restored, with new this and that, very fast car, beautiful car....."
The Creamsicle didn't have a email address that we could find, sorry.

Geoff
(PS. Hisako is a car nut and loves to ride in the 914 when Monique will let her, and she is looking for a Interior Designers job. She just got laid off)
Chris914n6
Think they would like my Nissan powered 914?? ohmy.gif

Now if I could just get someone to send me the JDM turbo version laugh.gif 280hp/280tq @7psi mueba.gif

97-98 Cima VQ30DET (hint hint)

Chris
-also a Nissan guru
"rice rice baby"
fiid
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 23 2003, 11:51 PM)
Think they would like my Nissan powered 914?? ohmy.gif

Now if I could just get someone to send me the JDM turbo version laugh.gif 280hp/280tq @7psi mueba.gif

97-98 Cima VQ30DET (hint hint)

Chris
-also a Nissan guru
"rice rice baby"

Does Nippon Motors have the engine you are looking for?? This is where I got the subaru motor from.

Fiid.
rick 918-S
Man I wish I could read that stuff. I'm having trouble pinning my sons friend down. Looks like a big gathering of teener fans.
tryan
the early datsuns where called ' fairlady ' except in the us. i helped stick a motor in one for a pilot/dentist last week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.