Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks Troy! - Keeping the six now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
After having my grey six up for sale for what seemed like a very long time I finally had someone come out and look at it. Nit picked it and went away to "think" about it for $9k. WTF? So Troy (Messix) was over and we took the car out so I could show off my new 46's. It is only like the 3rd time I have driven the car since the new carbs were put on. That was fun. happy11.gif driving.gif

Troy brought up a couple of very interesting points and I talked it over with the wife a little. I decided to just keep it. It is the quickest six I have ever owned, fires off clean, doesn't burn a drop, solid rust free chassis. I would only try to build another one.

So I have steel flares and 16x8 and 16x9 modular fuchs waiting to go on it now. Watch for those updates later this winter. smile.gif

Thanks again Troy, that was fun, your a good friend. Sometimes it helps to just have someone else around who really likes the cars. wavey.gif
redshift
Looking forward to the pics, Sir.

You will get happier, the car will get nicer, and more expensive, and someone will offer you alot, and you will be onto another 'maybe' keeper. wink.gif

Your work looks great.

M
markb
And the addiction takes hold again.... biggrin.gif

Good to hear all your time & efforts will be appreciated by you. It sounded like no one who looked at it from a buyers aspect truly appreciated the car, and it's potential.
Now take that sucker out & run it thru some corners. driving.gif
Root_Werks
Someone on here had a picture of a dark grey six that was flared. It is the picture that originally inspired me. It is on the club, I am still looking for it. I want to post it here. Sort of "My goal". biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys. Trust me, it will be driven now. MDB2.gif
Brent
could it possibly be Lyressa's, who I thought was a six? Not dark greybut flared and grey (silver)
GWN7
Good deal Dan. It sounds like the best idea. beerchug.gif

But why is this thread in the Sandbox?
Root_Werks
I am garage thread gunshy? screwy.gif I dunno? Maybe one of the admins can move it?

That is close, I'll keep looking for the photo. It is a real dark grey. You guys know my car, just put that color on her 914. I can't wait now! boldblue.gif
ClayPerrine
This is definitely 914 stuff. I am going to move the thread to the garage.

Aaron Cox
rumor has it, that its now sold.... mueba.gif
sixnotfour
In the Cassifieds Headrage posted it was sold to him and his -4 is up for sale smoke.gif
messix
jeez Dan! he must have really twisted your arm. i can't believe your going to let it go after the pro-con evaluation we had on it sunday.

you do have a knack for coming up with great cars and engines not to mention all the conversion parts [oil tanks and lines] but it seems like these things are getting scarcer by the day [rust free or nearly rust free tubs] but it just seems like this one was such a good solid base for what will be such a great strong car.
Gint
Somebodies gotta do it...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

We need some new pics of the new Root_Werks conversion.
Root_Werks
rolleyes.gif I swear guys, it was minutes after posting this Allan called me at work. Said, are you surrrrrrrre while waving money around. biggrin.gif We worked out a good deal, the car will go to a good home and I will build another one sometime soon. There isn't enough of my work out there yet to think about not making more root_sixes. biggrin.gif

I dropped it off this morning to get a new winshield so I will take some fresh photos and post them here for everyone, especially Allan. wink.gif
boxstr
This is the latest, which is going to Alan Moore.
CCLINPCARPAPPARAZZI
Flat VW
All that "convincin' the wife" for nothin..... sad.gif

John piratenanner.gif

Another "6" pulls another "club member" into the abyss....... pinch.gif blowtorch.gif happy11.gif

P.S. CoOl for both of you!
Gint
QUOTE (boxstr @ Oct 11 2005, 08:51 AM)
This is the latest, which is going to Alan Moore.
CCLINPCARPAPPARAZZI

Old hat. I want new pictures!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Root_Werks
I'll get some up. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Well, everyone knows Allan (Headrage) is getting the six now. I told hime I would square away a couple of items on it first. That LR Wheel bearing. Got a fresh one straight from the freezer. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
More of the process to replace a wheel bearing. The six is ready for delivery now.
Root_Werks
That last one was a shot of the oil tank.
Root_Werks
Last one for now. I'll post a few more when the car starts to make it's way back down to CA.
Allan
The velvet seats are gonna be nice when it's cold. I hope the air bag in the steering wheel does'nt go off by accident...
red914
dan, you are awesome, plain and simple. if only i could afford to commission a narrow body 6 from you. in the meantime i will continue to buy lottery tickets...
Root_Werks
The seats are done in a grey hounds-tooth pattern commonly used in Germany. You can find it all over the place. I was going to order some to re-cover the door panels in so they would match.

Yeah, it's nice in the summer too. No hot sticky seats. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.