Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another teener in Gautier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So this guy comes up to me @ Lowe's asking about my car. Wants to know who builds my engines. "Well me of course"
Says he has a 75 in a storage building that hasn't run in 10 years and would I consider fixing it. " Uh well yea maybe, But I'm kinda busy with my house"
Let's go look at it.

OMG worsest car I have seen in a long time. Most of the parts pieces were there in the engine compartment 1.8L engine. Hell hole looked like the grand canyon, Guy claims he can do the body work. Says he can just pull it off the frame. wacko.gif

"Uh no sir, no frame Unibody" I reached up under where the long should be and put my hand right through it to the inner long. OOPs, then put my hand through the floor board. I told him not to open the doors with the roof off.

Beautiful FUCHS, OK dash just 1 crack in the usual spot. Nice gauges co center console. I told him it would be WAY more work than I would be willing to do and would barely make a good parts car. I'll get the VIN before he does anything with it to keep track of it's demise.
cooltimes
Take any photos of the 75 914? Always room for pixs on here when you got time. LOL

5 days before Katrina, when we were finished crabbing at Ocean Springs, we started over to NO. I saw a 73 sitting in a driveway along the highway just about at a point where Biloxi ends and Gulfport begins. 2 driveway back east, on the Biloxi side, there is a large Methodist retirement home. BIG complex. Might be a better fixer-up for the guy who showed you his 75 if it is still sitting there.

Did your914 get damage from Katrina?
How bad did the hurricane hurt your home?
Actually, all questions are in reverse order of thoughts but since we are doing 914......

Mike
Memphis
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (cooltimes @ Oct 10 2005, 12:57 PM)
Take any photos of the 75 914? Always room for pixs on here when you got time. LOL

5 days before Katrina, when we were finished crabbing at Ocean Springs, we started over to NO. I saw a 73 sitting in a driveway along the highway just about at a point where Biloxi ends and Gulfport begins. 2 driveway back east, on the Biloxi side, there is a large Methodist retirement home. BIG complex. Might be a better fixer-up for the guy who showed you his 75 if it is still sitting there.

Did your914 get damage from Katrina?
How bad did the hurricane hurt your home?
Actually, all questions are in reverse order of thoughts but since we are doing 914......

Mike
Memphis

Uh, if there was a car within 1/4 mile of the beach it ain't there there more.
My car was undamaged
My house was flooded, started putting sheet rock back in now. 20 sheets hung taped flooated and skim coated. two rooms painted with the others ready for primer.
Raced the 914 Sunday did very well just couldn't look at my drywall knives one more day.
Going to do all repairs myself so I get buy some "mad sick HP yo!!!" beer.gif
Actually I expect the car to sit there forever more. and Finally I'll buy it for parts. and hook him up with one of you fine DAPOs if he really wants a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.