Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber cleaning proceedure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I found this link on ShopTalk Forums and it shows real pictures of a Weber tear down and cleaning plus has a link to a tuning/jetting how to.

http://waitresses.servebeer.com:81/vwpage/...df/idfsetup.htm

Paul wink.gif
ChrisFoley
I thought that was a well presented description of the procedure for disassembling/cleaning Weber carbs.
It never occurred to me that new carbs would need a thorough going over but I understand it completely.
URY914
The page on tuning gives a good explanation of on jetting sizes.

I always felt the Weber handbooks don't really explain the reasons and the "what if's" This tells you why you should make a change and what will happen when you make the chage.

P
Engman
Very well written and nicely detailed! Great pics as well.

My only question is written by?? Jake??

Nice job.

M
rhodyguy
that is a great write up. ditto on the jetting info.

k
TimT
emulsion tubes are still black magic, with a bit of voodoo, and some mojo thrown in to boot

as an aside, when I bought my first lathe, the seller recommended I take it apart and claen it before I use it...WTF... but apparently that is SOP
lotus_65
...can you say early winter project? at least i have all the tools for this one!

anyone know how to tell if a float's bad (besides the petrochem dripping out of it)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.