Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front sway bar ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
out there as finding a used front sway bar seems to be difficult or expensive?

Did any 914-4 comes with them stock?

Jim
Joe Ricard
Should be stock front bars out there at "a dime a dozen" it was an option as was rear bars for many years. Not sure when they became standard. 74 maybe?
Should be several guys here with stock bars piled up in a corner somewhere.
jd74914
76 was the only year they were standard on both engine types, standard on 2.0s also
Joe Ricard
I couldn't imagine driving a 914 without a front bar. Then again them skinny tires backin the day probably didn't grip nuthin like the current technology.
Brando
front swaybar options...

Stock, Weltmeister, Tarret Bar, Sway-A-Way... Depends on Size and $.
Britain Smith
I put a 21mm Welt bar in mine, used for about $200. I would do that or get a Tarret bar. The SmartRacing bars are the best out there, but are $$$.

-Britain
Britain Smith
If I were you, I would also put a rear bar on the car. With an adjustable front bar and a rear bar you can dial it in perfectly.

-Britain
914turboford
Some years of 911's have an underbody bar that mounts to the suspension subframe. That is what I have. Got the whole front end for $175. I know I got a good price on it. It still has the stock rubber bushings and is not adjustable. At some point I'll put in some stiffer bushings.
jsteele22
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 11 2005, 08:55 AM)
76 was the only year they were standard on both engine types, standard on 2.0s also

Are you sure ? My '76 2.0 doesn't have front or rear S/B. I can't imagine anyone removing one unless it was broken.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Oct 11 2005, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 11 2005, 08:55 AM)

Are you sure ? My '76 2.0 doesn't have front or rear S/B. I can't imagine anyone removing one unless it was broken.

whats the build date on it....

Engman
Uh - I know two people w/76's at least that bought the rear sway stuff.

M
Brando
75/76 they had either 'appearance' or 'performance' groups.
jd74914
i thought that the late build 76's were optioned out?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 11 2005, 08:59 PM)

they were....

thats why i asked the build date
maf914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 11 2005, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Oct 11 2005, 08:59 PM)

they were....

thats why i asked the build date

My 76 had neither the performance group or appearance group options. Nor did it have front or rear sway bars. A real stripper! laugh.gif

I later added sway bars and Koni shocks, which really tightened up the handling. biggrin.gif
Targa
I have a Standard '75 2.0( no center console or any goodies for that matter) and it had no bars. I think the original owner added a rear bar or do the trailing arms come with the brackets? I ended up getting a 22mm welt front bar. I think its the best bang for your buck. Now if I could only find some reasonably priced drop links idea.gif
Mueller
here is the front bar I PM'd you about....

The end links with the red arrow need longer bolts to fit over the end of the swaybar...I'll throw in both sets of endlinks, use the factory ones now and you can easily swap for the other ones later on.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.