Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
Hello all,
It's been along time since I posted on the sight and now have a little down time. I have a 1975 914 with a 1.7 dual 40mm webers. I am wanting to put a 2.0 in it as it was an original 2.0 car. I just got a qoute from justveedubs for a 2.0 with the correct rods and crank and was wondering if anyone has done business with this company and what there reputation is on engines. I will be back in the lower 48 where my car is this coming sprirng and would like to get a good reliable correct engine. All suggestions on where to purchase one is appreciated and no i don't want to break the bank on one just a nice stock engine.

Thanks,
Ron
JoeSharp
Ronnie: It seems to me that there some SMOG members near you. But to answer your question the car can be returned to the 2L.
What kind of smog laws do you have to deal with? What do you want to do with the car? Someone said in another thread that any engine that you didn't build yourself and is used is a core. You don't know what the engine has been through or what parts were really used.... The biggest thing is what do you want from the car? Ah,, what the fusch. It's only money.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Bleyseng
The 2.0l heads are the hardest part to locate and the 2.0l tin. The 3 bolt heads are way different from bus 2.0l heads or even the 1.7 heads.

Jake does sell a repo 2.0l head but it aint cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.