Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: console?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
i have a 1973 914 and i am wanting to put a stereo system in it. the only real spot for a subwoofer is the console. ive seen them done and they come out clean. I am concerned about origanality. the console i have might be non-origanal, i do know the gauges are aftermarket. Does anyone know if it is oem? if not can anyone post a pic of an origanal 1973 console.

i know there is a space in the front speakers. what suggestions about rear placement---keeping cutting to a min. sawzall-smiley.gif ---

thanks alot, kenny
orange914
ar15.gif another view of the console...
grasshopper
that is stock except the guage plate....what do the switches do???? heres a pick of a stock one
Hammy
I don't think thats stock, though i may be wrong. Looks cool though. Ya, whadda the switches do?
URY914
QUOTE (Hammy @ Oct 13 2005, 05:40 AM)
Ya, whadda the switches do?

Smoke screen

Ejection seat

Machine guns. biggrin.gif
Howie's 914
I have seen one that the owner built the sub box in the front of the passangers side. It did not take up alot of room. My car is currently in the body shop getting stripped and painted. I am gonna build one for me but most likely not until the beginning on next. After I am done I will post it and sell them if everything works and looks good.
shelby/914
Check out the vendors list, 914 Appearance and Performance already builds the console w/ sub in it.
swl
'nother possibility. No comment on whether it would work or not.
http://autoatlanta.com/tech/subwoofer.html
Grimstead
QUOTE (swl @ Oct 13 2005, 04:50 PM)
'nother possibility. No comment on whether it would work or not.
http://autoatlanta.com/tech/subwoofer.html

914 Appearance and Performance is doing that too... smilie_pokal.gif
orange914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Oct 13 2005, 05:50 AM)
QUOTE (Hammy @ Oct 13 2005, 05:40 AM)
Ya, whadda the switches do?

Smoke screen

Ejection seat

Machine guns. biggrin.gif

lol... i actually dont know dry.gif ... the previos owner doesnt know either. for all i know it does what URY914 said. wink.gif

Andyrew
If you where to use harness's then the place where the seat belt mechanism used to go would be a perfect place for rear speakers, but asside from that... you dont need rear speakers. A sub will throw sound all the way around.

If you wanted to be creative, you could throw speakers in the head rests..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.