Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Engine Heater Block off Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
John
Heater Block off plates for 914-6 conversions.

This plate replaces the plastic duct behind the distributor used to blow air from a blower fan into the heat exchangers on a 911. For a 914-6 conversion without heat exchangers, this block off plate will clean up the installation considerably.

Pricing is $55.00 DELIVERED (in USA).
Allan
Gotta pic of the install?
John
No pic of the install, but here is the painted plate with holes.

I'll post a pic of the plate installed on Saturday.
John
Here is an as-installed pic. #1

These are test fit prior to painting for quality control.
John
Here is another view of an installed plate:
goose2
will it fit on a 3.0 with CIS?
John
Yes. They fit on 3.0 with CIS, 3.3 with CIS, 3.2 with MOTRONIC, 2.7 with CIS. I have not tried 2.4 with MFI, but it should fit.
DrifterJay
do u take paypal?
John
Sorry, no paypal at this time. I must rely on snail mail....
736conver
Hey John,
I sent out my payment today. Should be there by midweek.

Thanks again,
Brian
wild4a914
Will this improve cooling?

Thanx, Cliff
John
I would imagine that since the plate blocks off a large hole that would divert airflow to the heat exchangers, that this block off plate would provide more volume of air to cool the cylinders.

Would the engine run cooler? I don't know, but it definately "cleans up" the engine compartment around the distributor on a six cylinder without heat exchangers (911 or 914).
John
Update:

I can accept Paypal payments for this item...

PM me for details.
John
I am now also offering the blockoff plate for the other side same bat price, same bat channel.

John
Pic 2
John
Pic 3
John
icon_bump.gif

These are still available. Built to order.
John
Still available made to order.

Anyone doing a conversion?
rfuerst911sc
I'm doing a conversion with a 3.0 and Weber carbs. So the price is 60.00 each or 120.00 for the pair right?
John
Yes ($55.00 each including shipping), but I must inform you that the one opposite of the distributor side can be bought at Pelican Parts for $35.00. The guys over there just let me know.

911-106-036-01-OEM

Pelican Parts

I will continue to sell the one that is behind the distributor for $60.00 delivered in the USA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.