914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Infineon-Sears Point

Thunderhill Park

Hang on!

KT burnout.gif
Andyrew
What are your thunderhill times?

I think dad got 2:17 last time ( while ago) he was there...
MoveQik
The second video was awesome. We get to hear what sounds like good instruction and see you crawl up the ass end of a 911 in some of the turns!

I have never raced but in watching the video I would have definately let off the gas right when your co-pilot was telling you to get back on it. I bet that helped a ton!

Keep em coming. driving.gif
grantsfo
Those are great! Was that Albert passing you on Infineon? As you get more time on Infineon you will get through that section from 7 to 8a on more power. By my third day I was getting though that section on power all the way though in a Formula Mazda - you have to hit apex's perfect but it is such a cool feeling when you get it right!
Trekkor
As to times, it wasn't a time trial and I didn't have a Hot Lap timer.

I used a stop watch at home while watching the videos.

I got 2:30 at Thunderhill ( always with traffic)

2:15 at Sears ( I'm slow and scared )unsure.gif

At Thunderhill I was chasing down all the cars in my group.
At Sears I let cars pass and then chased them down, too.

Yes, that's Albert. clap.gif

Yeah, Grant . I want to drive faster through the esses.
I hope it's dry on Nov 13th when I return again.

KT
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif

for the weekend crowd...

KT
Brad Roberts
Hate to burst your bubble at Thill, but most of us are at 2:13 in a 4cyl stock fuel injected 2.0.

I'm very proud that you were NOT downshifting 500 times.

B

9146R
Trekkor,

AWESOME - fun to ride along with you....nice job on both...thanks for the vicarious thrills. Are we lucky or what to live near these great tracks and drive the perfect car for slicing through the twisties !!

Greg clap.gif
Trekkor
http://www.pca-ggr.org/ttresults/laprecords-TH01.html

GGR Time Trial track records for Thunderhill CCW.

KT
Aaron Cox
looks good trek. you get better every time. thanks for an awesome vid.
dan10101
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Oct 13 2005, 09:05 PM)
What are your thunderhill times?

I think dad got 2:17 last time ( while ago) he was there...

Gee thanks Kid... rolleyes.gif

Looks like they changed the track (ThunderHill) coming onto the back straight. Or maybe they moved the concrete fence back aways. I can't wait to get back there. I had a hard time keeping the pedal mashed coming off the S'sss and swinging out to the concrete wall. (used to be right 'there'. That was my fear factor spot. Oh and I'm still getting used to turning corners at speeds where most people won't drive straight. But, Hey It's Fun!

Sounds like you had a good instructor. That makes a difference on how much you improve and have fun.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.