Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice pls regarding this car I am going to see
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
96conv
The ad is quite wordy which makes me think to run away. But, I'm not savvy enough about 914s so I thought I'd ask for help from the experts. Based on the description and pics, is the price fair? Is anything jumping out at you that I should look for? I'm going to see it this weekend. Thanks.

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/104034682.html
brer
photographs well.

Too many words in that description for me right now.

5k seems very fair on the surface.
URY914
My God he wrote a book about it. ohmy.gif

I bet someone here knows that car.
ArtechnikA
why so cheap?
i should probably give mine away and buy that one - i'd be money ahead of the game...

so - that's the question i'd ask. look for rust.
probably somebody in NorCal knows the car and the backstory.

it certainly sounds good from 3000 mi away.
olav
I think I saw this car is on eBay with more pics. The pics looked good.

I wonder where it is.

Car on eBay
iamchappy
If its for real and you go look at it bring money, or you will miss the opportunity to steal it.
Mueller
this weekend?

from the ad and the pictures, this car will be gone by then...
skline
I call BS, that is way too cheap, he either posted the price and the 1 is missing from the front or it is just a way for this guy to get phone calls. He even goes on to post how much it would cost to build one or replace it. Why would anyone go to all that trouble and sell it for only $5k? Something doesnt sound right here.
TJB/914
That's got to be a typo error on the price. I'd bet he means $15K.
If it's what he says, it's a $15K car. Just my guess-estimate.

Tom
olav

It's 14K according to the eBay auction Link above to the auction.
Allan
It's the car that was in the little old lady's garage that she wanted to give Meuller. laugh.gif
TJB/914
Hey, whatever happened to Mueller's garage car.

I want closure on that story, Mr Mueller where are you.

Tom
Demick
It's a joke. Somebody stole the pics and description from ebay and stuck it up on craigslist. Otherwise it makes no sense. Why would a guy with a live auction going on with the current bid at $14K put up a craigslist ad like this just this morning?

Demick
96conv
$15K highest bid on eBay?! OK, forget it. No way he'd sell it for $5K on craigslist. Must've been a typo. Outta my price range. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Mueller
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Oct 14 2005, 08:56 AM)
Hey, whatever happened to Mueller's garage car.

I want closure on that story, Mr Mueller where are you.

Tom

she just got re-married a few weeks ago...new husband wants the car gone...still waiting to see it wacko.gif headbang.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (96conv @ Oct 14 2005, 08:30 AM)
I'm going to see it this weekend.

the ad was removed from CL ...

wink.gif Andy
spare time toys
craiglist post is gone unsure.gif
Demick
Looks like a new kind of scam (maybe not new). Pictures and description stolen from E-bay, and then advertised on craigslist. Then the craigslist dude tries to pull the "I'm in a foreign country send me mony" scam. Here's what I got from him:

First of all I want to say "thanks" for showing interest in my car. I would like to begin by saying that, eventhough I have posted my car as being in your area, the car is currently not in the US, but in Sweden (that`s in Europe). I am sorry if you feel that I have wasted your time but the point is that the car has been bought in that area, I took it to Sweden and now I realised that I have to pay ever  so much to register it onto swedish market. So the point is that I will be loosing alot of money exactly because of that.Now I have to sell the car to someone from the us, so that they won`t confront with the same problems as I have.Should you decide that you would be ok with pursuing an international transaction further, I must add that the car is in great condition and that the reason i`m selling it for has NOTHING to do with it`s condition. Runs like new and has been properly taken care of. If you decide you want to go further with this, please note that we are going to use an escrow company to deal with the whole money business, and for shipping I have already spoken to a company, which is called Lufthansa Air Cargo (the shippin is included in the cars price so you won`t have to pay for anything more.)

I have tried to enclose within this email as many answers to as many frequently asked uestions as I could think of. Hoping that I have kept your attention, I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Osvath

porschecb
I don't get it! He is still on Ebay and says nothing about out of the country! Gone from Craigslist. But not Ebay? I bid $9,000.00 glad I did not win?!!! huh.gif
Allan
I'm in a foreign country (California). Please send me a dime for every penny you find.

Paypal is: letmeripyouoff.com

I have not left the building.........

yet
Demick
QUOTE (porschecb @ Oct 14 2005, 06:40 PM)
I don't get it! He is still on Ebay and says nothing about out of the country! Gone from Craigslist. But not Ebay? I bid $9,000.00 glad I did not win?!!! huh.gif

No. The e-bay listing is for real. The scammer just stole the pictures and description from the e-bay listing and made his own fradulent listing on craigslist hoping to hook some sucker.

Demick
Qarl
I think the Craigslist ad was the scam, not the e-bay ad.

The craigslist guy stole the pics and info from the e-bay ad.

screwy.gif
porschecb
Ok! I get it now! I have a 1.8 so I am slow biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.