Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Another great has passed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Well, I dont know if anymore bad things can happen to me this year. I lost my father in August and last night I lost Grandpa. Many of the local members met him and talked to him. He liked to come over when I had people over here working on thier cars because he enjoyed talking to everyone. He was a great guy with lots of stories to tell everyone. I dont think anyone who met him, disliked him. He drove down to Texas with me when my father passed away. He loaned me his truck to haul my car to the WCC last year and for a few other things when I needed a bigger truck. Clayton spent hours chatting with him about life, guns, fishing and whatever else came up. I will miss him greatly. Sorry to bring up this sad news on a weekend, but you just never know when someone you love is going to go away. I just know that there are several members here that needed to know about this.
Aaron Cox
no way man! one of the funniest older dudes ive met. Great guy
sorry to hear that scott. sad.gif

in my thoughts and prayers. call if you need to talk man
AA
Allan
Sorry to hear that Scott.... sad.gif
tat2dphreak
very sorry to hear for your loss...
spunone
Prayers are with you and the family Scott.and damm he sure looks alot like you just a little older beer.gif
goose2
sad.gif my condolences...sounds like he was a cool dude
Qarl
Wow... he sounded like a cool old fellow! THey don't make 'em like that any more.

I am sorry for your loss. I know he will be greatly missed.

Regards,

Qarl
lagunero
Sorry to hear that Scott.
BMartin914
So sorry to hear Scott. Sounds like he was a great guy and a lot like my late gradfather. Never met a person he didn't like and he always had a great story to tell.

My condolences.
spare time toys
Im sorry to hear about this. I remember him from the short time I saw him loading the 928. One fine man.
scruz914
Scott,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you will miss him a lot. The passing of any member of that generation is a loss to everyone.

-Jeff
Mr Dick
sad.gif HI SCOTT,
BERT AND I ARE SO SORRY TO HEAR OF THE LOSS OF YOUR GRANDFATHER. I RECALL GHE GOOD TALK WE HAD WHEN WE CAME OUT TO PICK UP THE 928. HE SURE WAS PROUD OF HIS JEEP. . .

WITH REGARDS,

BERT AND DICK DILDINE
Twystd1
I will miss him..

And Yes I wil be there with you....

I was just thinking about gramps too...

Ya know the one thing that that I always got form grandpa was that he lived life his way.
No ifs or buts.. he always did it his way.

Thats why I liked him so much...

Hell of a guy. he will be missed..

Clayton
ein 6er
sorry to hear of your losses scott......
MattR
Damn, sorry to hear that scott. I saw him not too long ago... he was a real cool guy. He will be missed.
xitspd
Scott, very sorry to hear about your loss.

Dan
horizontally-opposed
It has been a rough year for you Scott, and I am really sorry to hear about your loss...
Lou W
Scott,
So sorry about your loss, remember the good times.
Gint
Sorry Scott. That really sucks. I know.
Andyrew
Sorry to hear about your loss scott. sad.gif
TINCAN914
Scott,

Sorry to hear of your loss, your in our thoughts and prayers.
jet1
sorry, best wishes to you and your family.
skline
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, On another note, I have adopted his loving pet for 15 years and she is now protecting my home as she did grandpa's house. I can promise you that you have never met a more well behaved animal in your life. She is wonderful and will bring back fond memories of grandpa.
DrifterJay
Holy shit, I am really sorry Scott. Grandpa was a great guy, I had the pleasure of seeing the guy on many occasions...In fact, last time I was over there, in April, we ran an errand to pick up a part for the Jeep, remember? Anyways, I am sorry for your loss, but at least you got to spend a lot of time with him. Its nice having family close to home...But anyways, you take care of yourself, and see ya soon.

-Jared
rick 918-S
sad.gif Sorry for your loss Scott.
Brando
I'm saddened to hear that grandpa has passed sad2.gif

He was by far the most interesting person I had ever met. Always had the craziest stories, forgotten more about life than I'll ever know. He will surely be missed. I was very much hoping he'd be riding shotgun with you to the Hooters dinner.

sad.gif

Best wishes Scott.
skline
I am sure he would have if he was still here. He loved meeting up with all you guys and telling his old stories.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.