Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have a CAD file of the dash face?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
title says it all.

would like to make a one piece dash face. with a DIN radio slot. and no seatbelt warning light.

AA
Demick
Damn. Exactly what I did a few months ago. I should have made a template!

It's easy to do though. The basketweave is glued to a piece of metal that is stuck to the dash face with double stick tape. Just remove that piece of metal and you have your template. The only thing you have to do is add the radio plate portion.

Demick
Qarl
I want one too. Exactly as you described. Aaron, let me know what you discover.
Aaron Cox
i have a cardboard template from rhodyguy......

but id like to make something.... with AID of a CAD file
McMark
I've been looking for a radio plate to CAD for months now.

wacko.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 14 2005, 11:27 AM)
title says it all.

would like to make a one piece dash face. with a DIN radio slot. and no seatbelt warning light.

AA

Hey, I could use that too....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (McMark @ Oct 14 2005, 12:18 PM)
I've been looking for a radio plate to CAD for months now.

wacko.gif

the 3 piece OE dash metal is stupid. i want a ONE piece, that has both column pieces and a radiio plate into one common piece.....

Allan
agree.gif
Demick
One problem you will run into in trying to make the pieces that fit to the left and right of the steering column out of a single piece - in order to install the piece, it needs to bend at that intersection pretty severely. So unless your dash face material that you plan to use is pretty flexible, you will have a problem. When I did my CF dash face, I originally had one piece, but ended up cutting a small gap right over the steering column in order to install it.

Demick
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Demick @ Oct 14 2005, 12:50 PM)
One problem you will run into in trying to make the pieces that fit to the left and right of the steering column out of a single piece - in order to install the piece, it needs to bend at that intersection pretty severely. So unless your dash face material that you plan to use is pretty flexible, you will have a problem. When I did my CF dash face, I originally had one piece, but ended up cutting a small gap right over the steering column in order to install it.

Demick

i pull the column cover to install....
MattR
Bonehead, I made one months ago. I just need to test it in lexan on our CNC Router at work but we moved shops and have been busy as hell.

I got ya'll covered, I just need to test it first to check fit.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Oct 14 2005, 01:08 PM)
Bonehead, I made one months ago. I just need to test it in lexan on our CNC Router at work but we moved shops and have been busy as hell.

I got ya'll covered, I just need to test it first to check fit.

DOh! i forgot.

make it so chief. smilie_pokal.gif
horizontally-opposed
McMark!

I've got a perfect radio plate you can borrow anytime!

pete
McMark
FINALLY! PM coming your way Pete.
Qarl
I'd still like a CAD file.
TonyAKAVW
Cool! I was just thinking about this today. Except I think I'm going to make mine with the radio mounted closer to the steering wheel, and deleting the heater controls. Also going to use different switches, so it will be pretty different than stock.

Another thought I had... Instead of using those speaker pods by the door, how about mounting a pair of these in the dash face?

They are 2 inch diameter drivers that undoubtedly have no bass, but that can be fixed by a small subwoofer mounted somewhere else. Definitely not a stock look, and you'd have to be creative to find the space....

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
Or these... not quite as flashy..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.