Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 nic-names
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
elocke
...is what my neighbor calls my 914. I kinda like it. Any other cool or uncool nic-names that you or others use to refer to your car?
Aaron Cox
had a facet fuel pump hard mounted to body... got known as the 'rattler' laugh.gif
sometimes i call it the shitbox
Grimstead
I was always fond of "Poor Mans Porsche" Yack.gif
Hammy
One day I got out of the 914 and called it a whore after some starting problems. smile.gif Kinda stuck after that. I don't care if its not appropriate rolleyes.gif
VWnDRAG
I was always fond of "Poor Mans Porsche"  

or, "Rich Mans Volkswagen" biggrin.gif
seanery
I call whitey "Squarecar"
Allan
I get "Flat Bug"... dry.gif
messix
mines white and my daughter named it snow flake.
Mueller
my wife calls my 914 "the bucket"
SLITS
Der Weisze Bandito....It's German and I live in Mexico Del Norte
Thorshammer
ah not to be negative but FEO2, Just trying to get back to it's elements.

Lets see: Shit box, Rust bucket, Flexiflyer, Exxon Valdez, Flintstone mobile, Flexishift, flexibrake, Love of my life.

Erik Madsen
scottb
i call mine lloyd just like my co-worker....

a short fat white guy with no speed or ambition!!!!! ohmy.gif
porschecb
Blue Money. alfred.gif
URY914
In my 26 years of ownership I think I've used the term "...piece of shit" the most. biggrin.gif

P
VegasRacer
We had this same topic 2 years ago.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...1137&hl=scarlet
The Money Pit race car I was driving then did not have a name.
Now I have Elvira. wub.gif
echocanyons
I was pumping gas about a week ago and spoke with a guy who said he wanted one when they were new. He said they referred to them as a cigar box.

That was the first time I had heard it referred as such
dlo914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Oct 14 2005, 06:03 PM)
In my 26 years of ownership I think I've used the term "...piece of shit" the most. biggrin.gif

P

agree.gif i 2nd that! hope she didnt hear me unsure.gif
mikey
The money pit.
Allan
QUOTE (URY914 @ Oct 14 2005, 07:03 PM)
...piece of shit" the most.

smilie_pokal.gif Winner!!!!!!
Allan
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Oct 14 2005, 07:07 PM)
We had this same topic 2 years ago.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...1137&hl=scarlet
The Money Pit race car I was driving then did not have a name.
Now I have Elvira. wub.gif

Whoa, that's cruel......
grasshopper
hhhmmmmm my mom calls it the rust bucket, the POS, the stupid car, the mouse trap...hehe
Allan
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Oct 14 2005, 06:02 PM)
Flintstone mobile

I heard that once....

Miles has him now..
brp914
ah not to be negative but FEO2, Just trying to get back to it's elements.

Not to be pedantic (too late), but FeO2 no can do - FeO, Fe2O3, Fe3O4. Nother chemistry pet peeve: "high silicone pistons" grrr! silicone = synthetic rubber, as in fake boobs. Silicon, semi-metallic element. Can be alloyed with various metals and carbon.

Back on subject: "Nazi box" - add a gun turret and it looks like a panzer tank.
Allan
QUOTE (brp914 @ Oct 14 2005, 08:02 PM)
Nother chemistry pet peeve: "high silicone pistons" grrr! silicone = synthetic rubber, as in fake boobs.

agree.gif I freaking HATE fake boobs.

They SUCK.......... barf.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (brp914 @ Oct 14 2005, 08:02 PM)
Back on subject: "Nazi box" - add a gun turret and it looks like a panzer tank.

laugh.gif I get that a lot. My friends always seem to have to relate my German car to something Nazi.

Though I always think Nazi when i see a Thing..
brp914
I freaking hate fake pistons.
ottox914
Mine gets called "Yellow car" for obvious reasons, my nephews call it the "race car" after attending a couple auto crosses, and my wife, while I was building it, referred to the 914 as "your other mistress". She has since mellowed out and calls it "yellow".
Brando
"LBB"

Little Blue Beater biggrin.gif
lagunero
Death Trap
grantsfo
The rusty wagon
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (echocanyons @ Oct 14 2005, 08:09 PM)
I was pumping gas about a week ago and spoke with a guy who said he wanted one when they were new. He said they referred to them as a cigar box.

That was the first time I had heard it referred as such

I've used that term often as a visual aid for the porsche impaired. rolleyes.gif

Just invision a cigar box on jack stands. biggrin.gif

JP's "shitbox" comes to mind also. sad.gif

SirAndy
my wife calls the car "your redhead girlfriend" ...

biggrin.gif Andy
Andyrew
Lawnmower... is what my friend first called, it, he owned a kia back then... we went back and forth bench racing....

Now he calls it my freekin fast lawnmower.

Katmanken
My wife calls it "your mistress".....

Me, I call it a "hanger queen"

Ken
effutuo101
The two that are my favorite are: the other b*#ch, your other girlfriend, and when my wife drives, she called it " my favorite b*#ch".
TINCAN914
Right now it's called my paper weight.
My neighbor calls it a pancake... He drives a lincoln continental.. (Yea he has room to talk stromberg.gif ) I thought only 70 yr olds drove those.
Dave_Darling
Mine goes by the name of "Baby".

I've called it POS more than once or twice, though.

A few times, I've called it "Persnickety", after Nathan J. Nagle's acronym:
Persnickety Old Roadster, Sucks Cash, Hellaciously Expensive.

Sometimes I'll use "Teener" as a term for any 914.

Someone on the Rennlist, years ago, called it "the Porsche picnic basket--a lid on each end, and a handle in the middle." smile.gif

--DD
bd1308
Exxon Valdez is funny.....i had a trail of oil left on I-65 where my car went...

I've called it a few choice words though....

and then i beat the crap out of it when it finally bit the dust...
dcruiksh914
I sometimes call mine the "stud bucket" with heavy emphasis on the obvious ironey laugh.gif .

Also, Winky for her tendency to wink the p-side head light 3 or 4 times when I turn the lights off. Never did figure that one out, but it corrected itself eventually huh.gif
olav

Simply "The Six"
bd1308
QUOTE (dcruiksh914 @ Oct 15 2005, 12:49 PM)
I sometimes call mine the "stud bucket" with heavy emphasis on the obvious ironey laugh.gif .

Also, Winky for her tendency to wink the p-side head light 3 or 4 times when I turn the lights off. Never did figure that one out, but it corrected itself eventually huh.gif

sticky relay....

the relay "arm" sticks closed for a bit, causing the light to go through the cycle again and again until it gets unstuck.
goose2
"the pumpkin"
ws91420
My girlfriends son names the vehicles and is a big Winnie the Pooh fan. Her Vue is Poohey, her moms car is Eeyore, her dads truck is Tigger, my truck is Rabbitt, my Moms car is Kanga, and the 914 that shares the garage with my moms car is Roo.
VaccaRabite
For some reason I have started calling my car the Disco Inferno. I really could not say why. I am sure tht it has somehting to do withthe "flamable 14," but my car has never had an engine fire that I know of.

Or Jack - as in jackstands.

Zach
DNHunt
Right now it's "That Thing" that keeps the jackstands on the ground. When it's running it's "Spirit". Right now it's "Spirit of the Devil". It'll never make it to the crusher cause it'll probably burn in hell.

Ah, but when it's right it's a little bit of heaven.

Dave
aircooledboy
My buddy with the Bentley GT calls mine "The Norelco" because he thinks it looks like an electric razor. finger.gif

Guess it is only fair, since I call his Bentley Continental "The red refrigerator box with wheels." w00t.gif chairfall.gif
dheinz
At a DE, a guy I passed in a 911 turbo said he saw in his mirror a little black " fart of a car " approaching at a high rate of speed.

Question?

Is "fart of a car" considered a nickname?
ppickerell
Mine is called "My mechanic's alimony payments"
jhadler
There's been a few names over the years. I would say that POS was more often used I guess, but only in an affectionate way (what if it heard me?). However, most of my friends lately have came up with more names.

"The Phantom Porsche"
"The Eternal Infernal Project"
"The Dust Collector"
"The Grey German Shelf in the Garage"

but mostly

"The Porsche Planter"...

-sigh-

I have GOT to get this thing running this winter...

-Josh2
theol00
Louis - (phonetic Looee)

after Mrs. Louise Pietch - the good professors sister & and my 911 is named Ferdi - after the man himself
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.