Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is it unusual that..........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
i don't have a reset button for my tripometer? idea.gif
Bruce Allert
I had to buy a cable & screw it in... then I had one.

Some speedo's come wit'm, some don't.

It's like the candy bar wink.gif

....b
TROJANMAN
but i feel like a nut biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
You don't push the reset, you twist it. There should be a knob on the bottom of the dasboard underneath where the speedo lives; turn that knob and the trip odometer should reset.

--DD
michelko
and don´t turn that knob while the car is moving. You will toast the odometer dry.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
smooth_eddy
and don´t turn that knob while the car is moving. You will toast the odometer  

Thanks, I did not know that ohmy.gif
double-a
QUOTE (michelko @ Oct 15 2005, 08:45 AM)
and don´t turn that knob while the car is moving. You will toast the odometer dry.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif

agree.gif
from personal experience. i had to take the gauge apart to fix it, per the tech article at pelican.

~a
bd1308
i think that's probably a contributing reason why my odo is intermittently working....

b
jsteele22
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Oct 15 2005, 09:35 PM)
i think that's probably a contributing reason why my odo is intermittently working....

b

And enhancing your resale value....
Andyrew
my odo doesnt work...

great for classic car insurance methinks...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 15 2005, 08:42 AM)
You don't push the reset, you twist it. There should be a knob on the bottom of the dasboard underneath where the speedo lives; turn that knob and the trip odometer should reset.

--DD

sounds great, but i don't have that knob confused24.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Oct 16 2005, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Oct 15 2005, 09:35 PM)

b

And enhancing your resale value....

yeah until the persepctive buyer realizes "I" own the car.....

now its just a parts car with a engine and two working headlamps.....
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Oct 16 2005, 06:17 PM)
sounds great, but i don't have that knob confused24.gif

OK, then hunt around to see if you have a short cable coming out of the back of the speedo and hanging down to (or near) the bottom of the dash. If so, the knob would go on the end of the cable. Even without a knob, you can still turn the end of the cable with your fingers.

If you don't have the cable, then you will have to score one from somebody and plug it into the back of the speedo. It just pushes in and clicks into place, though you might have to rotate the cable a bit to get it to slide in all the way.

--DD
Toast
No, it's not unusual. Mine does not have one.
But then again, who says i'm normal? rolleyes.gif
SLITS
You should be paying attention to your driving instead of fooling around with your nut..............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.