Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats ths for on my six??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
What is this electrical contact for on the carb for?
thesey914
And this weird arrangement??
thesey914
on carbs
thesey914
My guess something to do with sporto? used to be hooked to a sporto 'box.
sixnotfour
The valve is for a sportomatic clutch release. The motor also looks to have Zenith carbs .
I bet that is a 70-71 911T motor with sportomatic transmission.

darn euro 2.4
thesey914
Correct -2.4 with zeniths. So I can bin all this stuff and block-off where necessary? There is also the pump on the end of the cam that I'll be looking to block off.
markb
You might want to save those parts. I don't think they're real common. Of course, I've been known to be wrong. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
THe electrical connection is for the decel circuit, removed on a great many cars. The vacuum plumbing is for a sportomatic (note the spelling) and can be removed and blocked off. The fittings should unscrew from the manifolds, and suitable plugs can be installed. The pump can be removed from the cam tower, and a stock "freeze plug" installed. Even easier, you can just leave it open, assuming the camshaft oil seal is in good shape. The Cap'n
thesey914
Thanks for the info gents! Who says the fibre of 914club has deteriorated?(nobody actually said that wink.gif )
Guys like you are the backbone of this club smilie_pokal.gif
thesey914
A question for the capt..This decel circuit for fuel economy or emisions?
I take it thats what this electrical conection is for on the left carbs?
thesey914
Another question...where's the tach sending wire? Is it attached to the distributor?
I'm just in the process of removing all the engine wiring harness -I'll run fresh wire for tacho, alt, oil pressure (dont seem to have an oil temp sender fitted?)
I'm thinking black/purple wire is for tacho other wire to distributor is for the CDI ?
davep
That black wire with purple stripe is usually the tach wire on a 914/4.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (thesey914 @ Oct 19 2005, 06:09 PM)
I'm thinking black/purple wire is for tacho other wire to distributor is for the CDI ?

yes.
thesey914
Decel circuit anyone??
What do most people do with their relay boards? I've seen a few conversions with it left in place...looks like it would get in the way of the tank to me.
Thanks in advance.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (thesey914 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:17 AM)
What do most people do with their relay boards? I've seen a few conversions with it left in place...looks like it would get in the way of the tank to me.

fits ok on the factory 6's ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.