Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EMRoadster
My 915/68 trans finally arrived today mueba.gif
Looking at it and doing some measurments, I'm seriously thinking of mounting it inverted in my 914 autocross project car. So I'm hopeing someone can point me in the direction of some good accurate info on any special things that would need to be done to it to make sure of proper lube and such.

Thanks,
Aaron Cox
how much is a cable shift setup going to cost?
lube mods?
Subframe cost?

may be easier and more economical to use a vellios or a wevo kit and flip the ring gear. biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
Drop a note to Wild6. He is running a 915 with a Wevo Kit. He knows 914s very well and my have some ideas/suggestions for you.
EMRoadster
The necassary lube mods are what I'm most concerned with. The whole rear will be tubed so mounting will be delt with there. Though I will be doing a cable shift setup.

With how low I plan to set up the car I'm concerned with axle angles. If I invert the trans my calculations so far show the trans flanges will be between .5" and .75" above the wheel center, instead of 2"+.

I assume Wild6 is on this forum?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.