Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
karmannghia
I purchased a Speedometer from a 1975 914 PART # 914 641 505 30 I'm wanting to install it in a 1972 Karmann Ghia.
My question is:

On a Porsche 914 does the speedo cable go to the front left wheel like the VW's do or does it go to the transmission?

Thanks!!

David
Cap'n Krusty
To the trans. 911/912s do, too. The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
Cap'n Krusty
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 17 2005, 10:34 AM)

3 x the krusty!
karmannghia
Man, I wonder if I can get it to work with a standard bug speedo cable. I took the clock out and put in a 914 Tach, and this speedo matches the tach. Any ideas? I guess I can always send to a custome speedo shop.
solex
I just fixed my ODO and it look like the speedo cable from a bug should fit the 914 speedo.

karmannghia
Guess I'll figure it out when it arrives. If not... no big loss since it was just 26 bucks.
914 Speedo
Cap'n Krusty
Sorry about the multiple posts .............. You can have the speedo ratio reset to suit the application. I've had it done. In fact, it MAY be OK. Just have to try it and see. I used a regeared 914 speedo on the Thunder Bus. The Cap'n
karmannghia
Since the Karmann Ghia and the 914 were so closely related it may be ok. My current speedo is 5 miles off due to the non stock wheels. Where did you have yours re-geared?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.