Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automotive burglary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Yikes! Sometime between yesterday evening (Sunday) and this evening (Monday), someone got into my little blue car and took the fire extinguisher and the radio face-plate! It looks like they were trying for the whole radio but abandoned the effort--perhaps someone interrupted them? The basketweave vinyl is half torn off of the surround, but the main part of the radio is still in place.

I don't know if I forgot to lock the car door Sunday night, or if they got in somehow despite that. I'm guessing it's the former... With the door handles being fairly sticky in operation, I do sometimes forget to lock them. Not anymore though.

Crap! sad.gif Now I have to figure out how to get a new face plate (for a ~6 year old Clarion!), or replace the damn radio. I also have to find another extinguisher if I want to keep carrying one with me...

The irony: This happened in the "good" neighborhood in Palo Alto where my attorney lives, not in the shitty neighborhood where my condo is. (Where there have been numerous break-ins to peoples' cars in the last few months.)

--DD
markb
D@mn, Dave! Don't even think of buying a lotto ticket for a while. sad.gif You might try evilbay for the radio faceplate. I was amazed to find one for an old Sony I had. It sounds like it's time to tear down & lube up the door mechanism. wink.gif
Sparky
If'n it weren't for bad luck....

Try here Clarion Parts

If they don't have a replacement PM me.

My best,
Mike D.
goose2
The door ding and now this!....bummer Dave sad.gif If you google for it, you'll find some online businesses that specialize in faceplates.
jsteele22
Bummer, Dave.

But I don't think was some random incident. Better take a good hard look at those names on the "I Hate Dave Darling" thread....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Oct 18 2005, 09:38 AM)
Bummer, Dave.

But I don't think was some random incident. Better take a good hard look at those names on the "I Hate Dave Darling" thread....

It was not me... I wouldn't steal Dave's POS stereo.. I would steal the Fuchs alloys or the 2.0L Fuel injection... the MPC is worth more than the stereo...... wink.gif

olav

How's the attorney? wink.gif
airsix
QUOTE (olav @ Oct 18 2005, 07:50 AM)
How's the attorney? wink.gif

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Seems like the two of them spend an awful lot of time together. wink.gif

-Ben M.
jsteele22
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 18 2005, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Oct 18 2005, 09:38 AM)
Bummer, Dave.

But I don't think was some random incident.  Better take a good hard look at those names on the "I Hate Dave Darling" thread....

It was not me... I wouldn't steal Dave's POS stereo.. I would steal the Fuchs alloys or the 2.0L Fuel injection... the MPC is worth more than the stereo...... wink.gif

If the seats are nice, could you pick them up for me ? How much for shipping ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.