Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog light question for the Gurus....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chromatech
I'm in the process of restoring a '73 and know that there were some aftermarket/dealer options added. The fog lights are amber lensed Bosch. I don't doubt that the car originally came with fogs but have not been able to find these in any of the books. Although one restorers guide refers to round amber fogs for the French market. Anyone ever see these before? OE or not?

Thanks

Todd
davep
Not too sure, however it does look reasonable. I do have a few sets of original driving lights if you want to change to them. We could talk.
chilli
USA cars had clear lense fogs, not sure about canada lenses.

mike
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Chromatech @ Oct 18 2005, 12:46 PM)
I don't doubt that the car originally came with fogs....

Why?

My '74 didn't have fogs...but all the wiring and relay was in place...all I had to do was find a switch, the grills and install my Pilot lights.
JoeSharp
Hella made a yellow lens for the fogs.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
Frogot the pic
SirAndy
QUOTE (Chromatech @ Oct 18 2005, 09:46 AM)
Although one restorers guide refers to round amber fogs for the French market.

yupp, they are french ...

i don't see any reason why they couldn't be original as fog lights were certainly an option ...
smile.gif Andy
flesburg
These were an option at least in 73 and 74. Not dealer installed either. My 74 was wired for fog lamps (or driving lights) except for the swith and a relay and the lights themselves. As I recall they were a hundred dollar option in 74, and I did not get them. Should have though. As I recall, the driving lights were pretty ineffective as they came from the factory, with little real light output....
Chromatech
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Oct 18 2005, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (Chromatech @ Oct 18 2005, 12:46 PM)
I don't doubt that the car originally came with fogs....

Why?

My '74 didn't have fogs...but all the wiring and relay was in place...all I had to do was find a switch, the grills and install my Pilot lights.

Mark,

I assumed the lights were factory or dealer installed. It was an appearance group car and just assumed. It had been in storage for 25 years and the lady PO (from at least '77) couldn't remember having anything modified/upgraded. confused24.gif So I still don't know for sure.....

Todd
SirAndy
QUOTE (Chromatech @ Oct 19 2005, 08:35 AM)
I assumed the lights were factory or dealer installed.

yes. you are correct. they were an option. all later cars have the wiring for them in the harness, but the actual lights were an option when you bought the car.

and again, i don't see any reason why french foglights would *not* have been available.
they might not have been legal (they were not legal in germany for quite a while), but that's another issue alltogether ...

wink.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 18 2005, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Chromatech @ Oct 18 2005, 09:46 AM)
Although one restorers guide refers to round amber fogs for the French market.

yupp, they are french ...

i don't see any reason why they couldn't be original as fog lights were certainly an option ...
smile.gif Andy

Wouldn't that make them "Frog Lights"........ lol2.gif

Somebody hit me..... wacko.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Oct 19 2005, 12:19 PM)

Somebody hit me..... wacko.gif

slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.