Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: information needed about part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
about part numbered 9 in the diagram? specifically, dimensions (thickness, outside diameter, hole diameter) and/or part number. this is the washer to hold on the fan hub and i imagine the thickness matters for correct spacing and position of the fan in the fan housing. i'm sure i have the washer in the stuff i have, i just don't know which one it is.

Joe Ricard
Damn got me on that one. I got one on the car I'm sure but never really paid it no mind. just get back on like it came off. works fine lasted me a long time SO FAR.
lapuwali
I don't think that washer sets the spacing. Part No. 3 sets the spacing.
qa1142
couple of those hold that outside ring on the face of the fan. Likely never took that apart.

Will
Matt Monson
Part number E 021 119 131

I don't have one easily accessable, so I can't provide measurements, but hope that helps...
SLITS
Just a washer that holds the fan hub (along with it's matching bolt....does not hold the impeller (fan), only the hub...does not provide center locating...only holds the hub).....how many do you need?

36.46 mm diameter
6.29 mm thick
8.30 mm diameter hole in center
30 mm thread length on bolt
37.79 mm overall length...shouldered
type47
let's say that, hypothetically speaking of course, that you disassembled an engine about a year ago and are just now putting it back together and you were, hypothetically speaking of course, about ready to install the cooling fan and didn't remember what the washer looked like. would you recognize the washer?

i could use at least 1

next question is info about the hub o ring. darn workshop manual and parts manual doesn't give any dimensions to allow me to id it in the parts bin. the parts book, at least, does have the o ring part number.
Cap'n Krusty
I have a spare one laying on my toolbox. Prolly cost a buck or two to get it there. Any VW shop should have one laying around ......................... The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.