Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im closer to powdercoating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I got the kiln over to my house from my sisters place. I just need to get the breaker and wire this puppy in. Once I get it running I can do all my brackets and stuff biggrin.gif
spare time toys
The controll panel is like the ones at work on the big ovens in the composite shop so it should be an easy program to ramp up the temp and soak. mueba.gif
spare time toys
I can fit a good size chunk in here but I dont think a wheel will make it sad.gif
DougC
Oh, the possiblities are endless! I'm sure all your buddies could keep you busy with that thing. biggrin.gif

Doug C
Mueller
nice...there is one similar on craigslist right now, but they want 399 which is too steep for me sad.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (Mueller @ Oct 18 2005, 05:13 PM)
nice...there is one similar on craigslist right now, but they want 399 which is too steep for me sad.gif

The price on this ....... Just storage. Im such a good brother rolleyes.gif She has 2 of them the other is at mom and dads. They are closer to her so she will use that one and I can use this one all I want. smilie_pokal.gif When she gets a big order she will come up and use this one also She does personalized ceramic dolls. They are cool because you send a photo of who you want a doll of and that is what it looks like. she makes the molds and everything.
Aaron Cox
we used those in ceramics class... smile.gif

AA
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 18 2005, 03:23 PM)
we used those in ceramics class... smile.gif

AA

You take ceramics?
TonyAKAVW
My powder coating oven cost like $50. It consists of a portable propane heater, a piece of curved sheet metal, a dolly, and some vice grips.

It seems to work well and I can maintain 400+ degrees at the back of the oven even.

But that kiln looks awesome! Sometihng like that would be much better for doing small parts etc.

-Tony
Mueller
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Oct 18 2005, 03:28 PM)
My powder coating oven cost like $50. It consists of a portable propane heater, a piece of curved sheet metal, a dolly, and some vice grips.

It seems to work well and I can maintain 400+ degrees at the back of the oven even.

But that kiln looks awesome! Sometihng like that would be much better for doing small parts etc.

-Tony

that "has" to be joy to use in the summer months smile.gif (insert sweating smiley here)
John
I have cured powder in an old oven (household type) with great success. All you need is 400 degree metal temp for a good cure.

That kiln is overkill and is a bit small for powder coating in my opinion.

DonTraver
The kiln is overkill, was just reading about a powder coating kit in the new Sears tool catologe, said a regular house oven will work, but the kiln was FREE, that makes it the best deal.

Congrats, look forward to seeing some of your work, maybe some hints too.

Regards, Don
Gint
Nice kiln!

My powder coat oven cost me $15 at the garage sale across the street. cool.gif
914GT
Have you figured out a way to hang the parts in there? If you preheat the parts in there first, it'll burn off any oil or contamination. Then take them out and spray the powder on hot and put them back in to cure.
spare time toys
QUOTE (914GT @ Oct 18 2005, 10:58 PM)
Have you figured out a way to hang the parts in there?

Im going to make a rack and hang the parts with 0.32 safety wire. Ill take them to work to clean and bead blast them and probably do the pre cook to burn off any residue.
spare time toys
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Oct 18 2005, 05:35 PM)
That kiln is overkill and is a bit small for powder coating in my opinion.

This is the biggest part I want to do and it seems to fit just fine clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.