Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: need advise to combine documents for,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I want to scan images, modify, re-write, and print both sides so I have a "new" owners manual. I'm combining the original 914 manual with the Audi 2000 manual.

Anyone familar with Adobe Creative Suite 2? What do I need minimum? Any other publisher software that you recommend?
SirAndy
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 18 2005, 03:06 PM)
Any other publisher software that you recommend?

i've got QuarkXPress 5.0 for the PC, if you're interested ...

you got an original /6 manual? if not, i can scan one for you ...
wink.gif Andy
markb
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 18 2005, 03:33 PM)

you got an original /6 manual? if not, i can scan one for you ...
wink.gif Andy

I'd be interested in a copy of the /6 manual if you scan it. smile.gif
goose2
Quark is the best...for simple stuff Microsoft Publisher is not bad and quite cheap. Check out "Open Office" for something that might work for free.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (markb @ Oct 18 2005, 02:45 PM)
I'd be interested in a copy of the /6 manual if you scan it. smile.gif

See if you can locate the CD that was going around on evil-bay for a while that had PDFs of the factory manuals on it. There was even one place where you could download it for a while, but I think it's gone now...

There was a -6 owner's manual on that CD, among other things.

--DD
neo914-6
I'll just scan the images, add actual pics, organize it in MS word and then create pdf's. I'll create a nicer manual "if" I reproduce the car or conversion kits... rolleyes.gif
type47
when i'm on the road with the teener, i carry my cell phone, AAA card and laptop wink.gif with the following site bookmarked:

http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/Porsch...nuals/index.htm

BMartin914
Quark XPress has 1000 times the flexibility of publisher. Great program. I use it everyday.
neo914-6
Miles,
It's a trade secret.

Jim,
Most everything on the car is modified so a stock manual won't help me.

Ben,
I'd love to learn another program but just realize I don't have the time...
neo914-6
For you S4 and A6 owners, my friend turned me onto a great soft copy manual smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.