Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toyo RA1 tire pressure??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Any recomendation for track, tire pressure for the Toyo RA1?
gregrobbins
Depends on the temperature. Put some white shoe polish on you sidewall by the arrow. Make a run to get some heat in the tires and see where you are in relation to the arrow.

My first autocross was in 90+ degree day and I was running about 27 lbs. Tires worked well. The following weekend we had a night autocross and it was 15 degrees cooler. Car felt like it was on ice as the night cooled down. Those in the "know" were adding a little air through the night. Next time I will know better too.

Hook up with a racer in the know who has experience with Toyos. A lot of the AZ PCA guys like the tire as it works well for autocross and track too.

Post your experiences. We can all work through these thing. biggrin.gif

smg914
I had a discussion with a Toyo engineer who was involved in the design of the RA1. He said that this tires optimal performance is when the tire is at 42 psi hot. On my 914-6 race car with 205-50-15 RA1's I always put them somewhere between 35 and 37 psi cold.
retrotech
Thanks for the reply. Thats just about what I had them [luckily] set at. So I will keep that for now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.