Full Version: Super Cool Snapon Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
I want this. how much will it sell for?

Badass!
Brando
We should fabricate our own from a box-end 13, some steel and a small flat-head
ArtechnikA
these come up from time to time. interestingly, of the professional mechanics who report having tried it - and most of them are looking for a quicker way to do a job better and inveterate tool junkies besides - none think they're any better than the tools it would supposedly replace.

it's an interesting concept but i wouldn't be deluded that it'll actually do a better or easier job for you.
MecGen
Word Up Rich

This is a messy hard to use tool. It always seems to be in the way (Yes I have use one before)

Hazzet made a much more user friendly tool, I always use the oldskool way, I have much more controle screwy.gif

+Karma your way

later

beerchug.gif
URY914
I have a tool something like that. It would work better on a 356 or Bug where the engine is hang off the back of the car. On our cars there is no room to get it between the heads and the contol arm ear.

Great idea, just doesn't work for us. wacko.gif

P
jasons
One of my best friends has been involved with VW's for over 20 years. He manages a local VW/sandrail shop. He scored one of those at a swap meet for like $25. He doesn't like it either. I have used it on a Bug, I thought it was cool and worked well. But, I don't know if you could get it to work in a 914.
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 18 2005, 11:31 PM)
I want this. how much will it sell for?

Badass!

Last one he sold went for $90.77
DonTraver
Best used with the engine out of the car. In the car, a lot of 4 letter words get used.

Pic is of the best way.

Good Luck, Don
airsix
QUOTE (DonTraver @ Oct 19 2005, 07:41 AM)
Pic is of the best way.

Wow. And I thought I was bad. huh.gif The quest for precision really can become a sickness.

-Ben M.
DonTraver
I'm getting help for that,lol
bondo
QUOTE (DonTraver @ Oct 19 2005, 08:41 AM)

Pic is of the best way.

Good Luck, Don

Haha, I've done that. biggrin.gif (on an MGB, not a 914.. much easier... but 98% of working on an MGB is much harder)
TimT
Snap-On still makes a very similar tool, one of which I bought a few years ago, used it onece, now its gathering dust in my toolbox.

Also I think new from Snap-On was cheaper than ebays prices
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.