Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973-Only Rear Brake Pads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
Is there such thing as 1973-only rear brake pads? I'm referring to OEM-style pads, not pads for a modified aftermarket brake system. smile.gif
type47
i don't think so. rear calipers are 72-76 (73-76?) check any vendor for rear pads and see what years the rear pads fit.
davep
All 914/4 rear pads are the same, 1970 through 1976. Where does it say otherwise?
Eric_Shea
Is there such thing as 1973-only rear brake pads?

No.
Midtowner
Uh, a well-respected Porsche shop said so on the phone today. It didn't make sense to me either. blink.gif
davep
Probably a newbie sales droid. I cannot imagine where their info came from though. I cannot think of a 1973 specific brake pad for any Porsche model.

Cannot get quality help anywhere these days unless you are willing to pay the price and do your homework.
Midtowner
I wish I could say it was a newbie but nope. The quote came directly from someone who has been in the business for a long time. Pelican, GPR and AA show rear pad sets for 1972-1976. No mention of 1973-only pads. Perhaps I heard wrong but not likely. huh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Oct 20 2005, 08:39 AM)
I wish I could say it was a newbie but nope. The quote came directly from someone who has been in the business for a long time. Pelican, GPR and AA show rear pad sets for 1972-1976. No mention of 1973-only pads. Perhaps I heard wrong but not likely. huh.gif

Heard wrong, or told wrong, it's still wrong. Same pads, 1970 through 1976. The Cap'n
Ray Warren
Pet CD

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.