Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with fuse panel install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I posted this question as part of my restoration thread, but I figure having a thread with the question in the title may be better.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...60&#entry520754

I installed the fuse panel on my new 1970 /6 but there's two red wires (actually three with two already connected together) that are in the bundle that goes to the fuse panel. The have closed eye terminals. I can't find a spot on the fuse panel they might connect to, and i've not been able to figure it out by reading a wiring schematic.

Can anybody help me out ?

TIA

swl
Just going by a the wiring diagram Michel so this is just a shot in the dark.

In the wiring diagram part 2. Middle of the left edge there is a binding post. Looks like the right combination of red wires. I have no idea where the post physically is but try tracing back from fuse 11.
sixnotfour
There should be 2 little holes where a bakelite(sp) junction block mounts and a third center screw holds the 2 red wires together.
lapuwali
Yup. Above the fuse panel, in the corner, is a bracket that holds a junction where several large red wires all connect together. The red wires with ring terminals on one end and a spade terminal on the other go from this junction to the fuse panel in several places.

On the other side of that junction bracket are studs and nuts for all grounds for the dash area. The brown wires with rings will connect here.

michel richard
Jeff,

Thanks. I do have a junction block as part of the loose parts that I got with my purchase, although it has a 928 part number. I can't find two holes that are close to the right spacing, however. Should they be on the fuse panel or on the frame ?

Maybe it's because the 914 part is a different size.

I might just drill a couple of holes in the panel if I need to.

Michel
sixnotfour
I think it goes on the left mount ear for the fuse panel. 2 speed nuts then the junction block.
P/N 901-602-895-00
michel richard
Had a good look at it all and I've figured it out. It is on the left had side bracket that holds the fuse panel, and fits directly above the panel. I'm sure it needs to be installed before the panel.

I'll have to dig through my parts to see if I can find one. But I'm going to bed now.

Thanks all !

Michel

lapuwali
Here's a pic of it installed. Yes, it's on the left hand fuse panel mount. The item looks similar to the part you showed earlier. Note that not all of the stock wiring is present in my photo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.