Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
I called around to get a windshield installing in my car and the people kept telling me that there is a kit I have to get from the dealer to install the front glass. Only thing I can think of is the spacers so that there is enough room for the trim or is it this seal? I am thinking of just doing this myself if I can get a good price on the glass itself...
StratPlayer
PP sells a windshield kit, I think there are 19 clips that install for the windshield and a couple of spacers also.
markb
While the windsheild is out is a great time to replace the front dash to windsheild seal.
boxstr
It is brand new.
CCL
vesnyder
I called one of the National windshield companies (SafeLite, I am prett sure?) and they gave me a price of about $300 and said they would reinstall the trim? Worth a phone call. I thought the price was pretty good.
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif i got the windshield for less than 300 and bought a butyl rubber seal from acme for 15.00 and did it my self with a little help from a helper to set it in place. use acetone to clean the area and the glass. it looks great smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
So is this a generic seal that deletes the windshield trim? I am going to get a new windshield when I get mine painted during the winter hibernation, but want to keep the trim around the windshield.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.