Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone wondered about a 996 front on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
914 GT3r I was surfing Tony's site and found this. I'll ask him more about it next time I see him. He has slotted time for my neo914-6 as soon as he gets rid of Jon Watts Suby tub. laugh.gif

There aren't full body pictures but you can see how the rounded shape don't quite transition to the shape of the rectangular windshield, top, and likely the rest of the car. No disrespect to the fab work, it looks great. The car must be an interesting site on the track...
SilverBullet
I saw it when it was in the shop. Neat idea, however the nose was disproportionately long relative to the rest of the car, and the wheel base was noticeably too short. Perhaps he plans to put some rear work on the car which might balance it out.
Mark Henry
Why confused24.gif
jonwatts
I've never been a fan of 996 headlights, but I like the fenders and front bumper. Call me differn't.

olav
brundlefly
Tony C
I didn't like the looks of it, but it is what the owner wanted and how he wanted it. To each his own. I know it won't fall off though welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

-tony biggrin.gif
skline
I would like to see the complete finished product. At this point it doesnt look right. Then again, why would you want it to look like that with a 4 cylinder engine? Is that car a 6 or an 8?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 20 2005, 09:28 AM)
At this point it doesnt look right. Then again, why would you want it to look like that with a 4 cylinder engine? Is that car a 6 or an 8?

aerodynamics.....

not everyone wants a chalon smile.gif laugh.gif
Brett W
I would have moved the front wheels forward. There just seems to be too much overhang. Might be cool on a topless car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.