Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Vin replacement from Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Seven months later, 75 bucks and I get this....
Here ya go....

Not gold like the old ones...wrong build date....vinyl, not perforated....non Concours....like "I" care.....morons.....

So unless you need it for the DMV or the cops....doan waste your time or money.
Aaron Cox
bummer mikey yawn.gif
Root_Werks
Someone up here got one not too long ago for thier LE Creamcicle. It looked factory. Must be something they changed in the last year or so?
smg914
Quote: Not gold like the old ones

They were never gold. They were silver/gray on early 914's and black, I believe on the 1975 and 1976 914's..
Lou W
Mike, I was looking to buy one too at the same time when you bought yours, this is what my original one looks like, I was hoping yours would come out similar to the originals, it doesn't look all that good to me either. My original one has since been removed for painting.
boxstr
Isn't there anyone out there that can make a better one?? I checked with the dealer and they are NLA since they only do thme for 86 and up. I have a car that will be painted and the jambs are going to be shoot and I would like to get a new VIN sticker.
CCLINVINNIEANDTHEJETS
McMark
AFAIK, technically it's illegal for anyone to make them. Not that I'm saying that's a good reason not to. wink.gif Of course, how would one go about making them?
GWN7
If I remember from a previous thread there are 6 different types? All that would be required to make them is the right sticker material and have someone do the silk screening. The problem was the personalised info (build date, serial number) that is "punched in" separately to make them custom. Someone was looking into that, but I don't think anything came about from it.
Brando
Dealership should always be able to provide a replacement VIN sticker for emissions control and safety information.

It may not look original, but when your original does get scrapped in a re-paint, there ya go.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (smg914 @ Oct 20 2005, 09:27 PM)
Quote:  Not gold like the old ones

They were never gold. They were silver/gray on early 914's and black, I believe on the 1975 and 1976 914's..

In MY experience.....I have seen so many different stickers that I was thinking Peter Maxx was hired on to do them.....

SOOOOO, rant mode ON......

OK....not like the one I removed that was gold...OK....I'm old not, fucking stoopid...I SPENT FUCKING "7" MONTHS waiting for a ........STICKER.....EXCUUUUUUUSEEEEE MEEEEE? a piece of shit piece of VINYL??????

Oh yeah....when I'm DEAD AND MORE FUCKING STOOPID, I will try to get a VIN sticker from AA.....like I said, I only got the sticker to comply with some fucking drone loser that has no life from DMV....kinda like me posting at 1:01 am.....

Not that's a BAD thing.....

Somebody find me and kill me....

But then again, I could be wrong and be some dork in a bar in Amsterdam athat hijacked "*" login with a bad joint and good Mushrooms....
MecGen
Naahhhh

Good weed, bad Mushrooms, I met him...
I think ? I am sooo cold, and why are there monkeys eating my toes ??

Seriously, I have thought about this, what I plan to do is,
scan an origional, use photoshop to change data, use photo paper-non gloss. It will be sized and using a thin glue to attach it. Airbrush a thin coat of clear.

Best I came up with. Of course I am going to test this first on a scap hood or something.
+ Karma you way

Later

beerchug.gif monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif dance.gif
nein14
AA still has them $11.00 ea., but they will not do the VIN punch.
I did some research and found perforated single numbered hand punch in a tool catalog. I going to order them and see if they will work I'll let you know.
SirAndy
QUOTE ("*" @ Oct 21 2005, 12:45 AM)
like the one I removed that was gold...

agree.gif with Mr. Bunny-Ears ...

i too have seen "gold" colored ones!
smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.