Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche factory Manuals for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
Hi All,
I need the collective wisdom of the group here. I'm required by SCCA rules to have a factory shop manual on my car. (kind of odd but what can I tell ya). Only G Prod is required to have the manual, go figure.
I've always understood that the factory manual on the Porsche 914 was an 8 volume set from about 1975, but there is a 5 volume set on ebay from 1972, item # 8007265505. Is anybody familiar with this set? Is this a factory shop manual? Cap'n Krusty. Dave, et.al what are your thoughts?
In the alternative, I asked this question along time ago and someone said they had the factory manual on CD that they would be willing to copy for me. Don't recall who that was and unfortunately didn't save the email. Are you still out there and do you still have that copy? That would actually be the easy way even though I would have to carry a laptop with me.
Thank you in advance for all your replies.
Randy
Car 54 Here I Am
Brett W
A factory manual is required in all SCCA classes but having a paper copy is really nice too. I don't know if you can legally present the CD as a factory manual even if you printed it off. There has to be some loophole for the newer cars that don't even have paper manuals.
SLITS
I have it on Microfiche, but never had it transferred to CD.
VegasRacer
I never had any problem with the SCCA tech inspectors accepting the Haynes manual.
davep
sent you a PM
greg.treadway
I know something about 914 manuals on CD.
type47
how about a laptop, a wireless connection, and a link to an internet address?

http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/Porsch...nuals/index.htm

Part Pricer

I waived a CD under a SCCA tech inspectors nose one time when I was asked to produce my shop manuals. He stopped, thought for a second and then said, "OK, that will do. You pass." beer.gif
jhadler
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Oct 20 2005, 10:57 AM)
I never had any problem with the SCCA tech inspectors accepting the Haynes manual.

That's surprising.

The Haynes manual, or Bentley, or Chilton, or whatever. Is most assuredly NOT a factory manual. Nor is it accepted as a substitute for a factory manual. Chances are that whomever inspected you simply didn't care. Rest assured, if you were to be protested at a national event for not having a manual, you wouldn't make it. It doesn't make it right, it's just the way things are.

I bought my set of binders around 8 years ago for seomthing like $175 used. If you look, you can find 'em...

-Josh2
Dave_Darling
The listed auction is for an early copy of the manual, and is indeed missing the Six engine/fuel system stuff. If you need a paper copy, it should do--if your car is a 1.7, or is arguably based on a 1.7. For a 1.8 or 2.0, I think you may need the later one--but that's only the case if the tech people say so.

It should be easy to make a CD out of PDF files, if you can download them from anywhere.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.