Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good deal?/will fit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badarse944s2
probably stupid question but I don't know. I saw a t motor with 915 tranny on sale on ebay for 3800. could't tell by pics if it was fi or carb. is this a good deal and will the 915 fit without any huge problems. if there are problems what are they? Thanks for all your help. Wells
Bleyseng
Sure the 915 will fit but it needs the diff flipped around and probably a rebuild too.
A "T" motor is ok but damn for a six conv spend that $3800 on atleast a 3.0l and forget about the 915. 051103-stupid4.gif
Series9
It's more than a diff flip. I have $6k in my 915, so consider is carefully.
Mark Henry
I saw it...dirty as stromberg.gif .
badarse944s2
So this is not a good thing to look at. I am looking for a good core engine. I am having it gone through by a member before I get it. Any suggestions on where to look for one or conversion parts? Thanks ~Wells~
shadygrady
Hey redshift, I just noticed that you were from Savannah. Do you ever run at Roebling? If so, which 914 is yours? I was just wondering if I had seen you there. If maybe you were in that picture of about 10 914's at the finish line about a year ago.

grady
bd1308
miles's 914 just now started running......

his 914 is the one on the side of the road, or the one making the pretty colors under the passenger seat.

wink.gif

j/k miles

b
bd1308
i know....he's right...

miles is the one who got me off my lazy butt to do the valve adjustment.......

b
Thorshammer
No need to do a 915 over the 901. You can certainly look at 3.0 or larger engines, and they will work fine with a 901. As for conversion parts, go to pelicans site or this one and find the parts list. it's extensive. How about the engine I turned you onto the other day, any luck bidding, it already had some conversion parts on it.

Erik
badarse944s2
the guy ended the bid early. I've looked on pelican parts and wating for some responses hopefully. also sent a guy an email for another one on ebay but no response from him either. I'm looking around and Monday I actually have off work so I'm going to call a Porsche shop here in town and see if they've heard of anyone selling one. I hope your still interested in redoing an engine for me. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me the other night. I didn't mean to interrupt family time. let me know when you think you'll have a rough guesstimate on what it'll cost. Thanks. Wells
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (badarse944s2 @ Oct 22 2005, 08:16 PM)
the guy ended the bid early. I've looked on pelican parts and wating for some responses hopefully. also sent a guy an email for another one on ebay but no response from him either. I'm looking around and Monday I actually have off work so I'm going to call a Porsche shop here in town and see if they've heard of anyone selling one. I hope your still interested in redoing an engine for me. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me the other night. I didn't mean to interrupt family time. let me know when you think you'll have a rough guesstimate on what it'll cost. Thanks. Wells

Take a look at dc Automotive or German Auto Dismantlers. I have gotten parts from both and gotten good service...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.