Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drove the 914 out for pizzas...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
not really a big deal, but driving the 914 with the top off to grab some pizzas for the wife and kid made me think of how much i love driving that car and how much i owe this club for helping me keep it running.

oh, and got a return wave from a sharp little blue 9-eleben with a tail... across the highway median even!

porschecb
I wonder how many (new) 911/boXster owners know what a 914 is? wink.gif
shadygrady
I know the feeling. I had not driven mine since June when we started the conversion from the 2.0 four to a 3.0 six in June. Today was the first time I got to drive it. WOW!!! what a blast. We took it to Burger King the long way and turned a 15 minute ride into an hour. I am still on cloud nine. What a difference. Of course we also put the 911 suspension and brakes on it too. Now I have to learn how to drive it all over a gain. It is a different car.
porschecb
QUOTE (redshift @ Oct 21 2005, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (porschecb @ Oct 21 2005, 09:50 PM)
I wonder how many (new) 911/boXster owners know what a 914 is? wink.gif

Most!

Fiat, right?

M

I think the the two cars share something that look a like? But sales and racing have told a different story. I am 55 years old and can see that new porsche owners may have never seen or know little or nothing about the history of the 914. That is my take. I sometimes feel I am driving something alot of people have never seen, In fact I know I am. Long live the 914!!!!!!!! clap.gif
red914
QUOTE (redshift @ Oct 21 2005, 05:37 PM)
hehe you got flipped off...

You need glasses... smilie_pokal.gif

M

"... always look on the bright side of life..."

need a whistling smilie... cool.gif

it was a post '73 911, not a 993, 996, or 997, and even though Dino (and Miles) will laugh at me, i choose to believe they were being nice.
thomasotten
Mine gets honks now from 911's. Real 911's that is. I don't think Boxster owners know that we're related.
mskala
QUOTE (red914 @ Oct 21 2005, 08:36 PM)
... driving the 914 with the top off to grab some pizzas for the wife and kid made me think of how much i love driving that car and how much i owe this club...

Last time I took the 914 to get pizzas, I found the large boxes
fit perfectly in the passenger floor. IMO the 914 was designed
around the best food a 914-owner could afford laugh.gif

I need a pizza-eating smilie
mikelsr
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Oct 21 2005, 10:48 PM)
Mine gets honks now from 911's.  Real 911's that is.  I don't think Boxster owners know that we're related.

Sure we do. My Boxster and my 914 get along real well. They know they are related.
olav
Took mine out for a drive today after finishing a bunch of work on her.

I tell you, I don't think there is another car I'd rather have.

Fun, fast and stealth. The sound of the engine behind my head, the exhaust note. ahhh biggrin.gif

Even had a late speedster 911 flash his lights at me.

That felt good...
dbledsoe
Took mine out for a drive and a fillup two days ago after a year on jackstands. When I pulled into the gas station/convenience store a little girl about 10 years old rides up on her bicycle and stops next to me and stares at my 914 for a few seconds then blurts out, "I'm taller than your car. I can't believe it. I've never been taller than any car. I'm taller than your car. Wow! I really am. What kind of a car is it?" I told her it was a Porsche 914 and she says, "Cool! I'm taller than a Porsche 914!" Then heads off into the store. I guess it was an educational experience for both of us.
Allan
I was coming back from the store to get some "Tomatos" (I have to have them or YOU will die kind of thing) and got totally blown away by a brand new Ferrari F40.

That felt good...
smooth_eddy
dbledsoe Posted: Oct 22 2005, 05:20 PM

So with a name like that I have to ask??? Is it you Drew????

I had my car out the past 2 days with the top off. Incredible weather here in the NW. But I think our 914 days are getting to be very limited for a while now. We need to enjoy what we have because well all know what's next. beerchug.gif Eddy
Qarl
Pizzas also do well in the rear trunk as it's always a bit warmer back there!
dbledsoe
QUOTE (smooth_eddy @ Oct 22 2005, 08:58 PM)
dbledsoe Posted: Oct 22 2005, 05:20 PM

So with a name like that I have to ask??? Is it you Drew????

Yep, Drew, that's me... Drew a blank, that is... drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.