Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: CabinetMakers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I have a project that requires someone with a fully setup woodshop and the experience to use it. Anyone out there? PM me. wink.gif
goose2
me.... smile.gif whacha got in mind? PM sent
redshift
Hey! I am farther away than him, and I can inlay your name in pearl!

PM ME!

(aaron pays shipping)

M
goose2
NO NO..PM me!!! I need the work bad laugh.gif ....must buy parts must buy parts mustbu ypar ts mustbu yparts mustbuypartsmustbuy
redshift
You have a 2.4 AND a 3.0!

PM ME! I am not a /6 hoarding snob!

He's from Oregon! They have no standards up there! He may even be... unsure.gif ..

.. a subversive.. ohmy.gif

M
goose2
really...there are subversives up here? hide.gif
nomore9one4
I guess Pittsburgh,Pa. would be way too far? I have seen goose2's website and he does really work smilie_pokal.gif
LvSteveH
I think Randy (goose2) could fund any 914 project he wants to under take by trading wood for steel. Some of his pieces look like they could fund a very nice six conversion all on their own.

How many hours did you have into the armoire on your site? It must be hard to sell soemthing that takes that long to build.

Unless of course you use third world labor, in which case I hope you'll pass the savings on to us!
goose2
I think Randy (goose2) could fund any 914 project he wants to under take by trading wood for steel. Some of his pieces look like they could fund a very nice six conversion all on their own.

It's not that profitable Steve, I'm afraid...but I get by. I just love building things....it beats working for a living cool.gif I assume the armoire you refer is the big red mahogany piece? I think I had about 300 hours in that....it sold for 10K....and it wasn't hard to sell at all because it was commissioned. No third world labor here, unless you consider Oregon to be third world unsure.gif I've been collaborating with a local sculptor on some new concepts and have sold a few through galleries around the country....some went to LasVegas, maybe you've seen them? Here's a link:Unspecified Figure Furniture
LvSteveH
I didn't mean to suggest that it was so profitable, rather that there is great value in being able to produce such fine work. There will always be people who appreciate the level of craftsmanship that goes into something like that and will gladly pay accordingly.

I think the fact that you are able to make a living at it says a great deal, I'd starve to death. Being able to work efficiently enough to turn a profit and still be able to price items within the market is no easy task. Restoring cars is like that, very few are able to do it at a true profit and still turn out quality work. I know I couldn't.

Thanks for the link, you do amazing work. One of these days I'll get up the courage to start woodworking. Unlike steel, you can't just put it back together if you make a mistake.

smash.gif
goose2
Thanks for the compliments Steve....it's always nice to know your work is appreciated. I love doing this stuff and could talk about it for hours, but I fear we are drifting off-topic here. If anyone wants to talk wood or furniture, email me. Hey...maybe I should build a 914 woody......nah laugh.gif
morph
is mike doing the figures for you randal?
james
goose2
yup..the figures are Mike's creations (Mike Randles, Scari.org)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.