Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help on my rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racing916
hello,

I am looking for rear shocks that have adjustable perches so that I can get the rear of my car down. I have a set of KYB's with 180 lb. springs that I am using but the KYB's have no adjustment. Do any of you have or know what shocks are compatiable with 914's that can be adjusted. I plan on reusing the 180 lbs springs

Thanks,
Steve

Sorry about the picture it is hard to see, but the best one I could find of the set up.
Aaron Cox
bilstein or koni both support adjustable perches.

Mueller
Most people end up getting rid of the stock diameter springs and go with 2.50" diameter springs (10" free length)
i vote for Koni Yellows smile.gif

in order to get the stock diameter springs to work with the adjustable perches, you'll have to do some modifications such as this:

user posted image
user posted image

full story here: Mickey Mouse Engineering
Racing916
Very Cool Mueller!! Thanks for the input. Is there any that will fit that already come with adjustable perches though, I am just afraid of my welding. smile.gif
Racing916
I looked in performance products, and mid america but iI can not find one's for the 914.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Racing916 @ Oct 22 2005, 11:29 AM)
Very Cool Mueller!! Thanks for the input. Is there any that will fit that already come with adjustable perches though, I am just afraid of my welding. smile.gif

i have Bilstein sports in the rear with stock springs. Bilsteins come with 6 positions of adjustability.

i recently scored a coilover kit like mikes to use 2.5" springs
Mueller
if you go with new bil's or Konis (yellows), the threaded collar you see slides onto the shock

Rich @ HPH sells them as well as Jason at Paragon Products

only reason I did the mod was 'cause I was too cheap to buy the correct shocks, sooner or later I'll new rear Konis to match my front Koni Yellow shocks
Racing916
Thanks for your help guys! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.