Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Precision Needle Bearing Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
I'm considering getting Muller's Precision Needle Bearing Kit for my car. Does anyone have any experience with the product.

Any endorsements or advice to share?

kit

Thanks.
Bleyseng
JP installed a set.
He posted some pics awhile back on it.
Mueller
see if you can take a ride in Scott Yeamans 3.0 914/6..he has them front and rear....he also has larger front torsion bars and stiffer rear springs...yet the car rides very, very nice smile.gif
soloracer
Mueller: I believe my car has a 911 front suspension. Does this mean that I would get the 911 front kit and the 914 rear kit? How does one know for sure that the car has a 911 front suspension?
nebreitling
where are there any available?
olav
QUOTE (soloracer @ Oct 23 2005, 09:18 AM)
Mueller: I believe my car has a 911 front suspension. Does this mean that I would get the 911 front kit and the 914 rear kit? How does one know for sure that the car has a 911 front suspension?

I think the front kit can be used on both cars (911 up to 89) and the rear is for 914's only.

That's my guess looking at Mueller's web site.

I'll have to ask Scott for a ride then. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Oct 23 2005, 09:23 AM)
see if you can take a ride in Scott Yeamans 3.0 914/6..he has them front and rear....he also has larger front torsion bars and stiffer rear springs...yet the car rides very, very nice smile.gif

agree.gif the car is very smooth, despite the really heavy springs ...

i'll have a set on my car as soon as i can find a donor motor ...
wink.gif Andy
Britain Smith
I GOT THEM!!!

They are awesome. I have driving Scott's 3.0L 6 on the track and auto-x and they are awesome. I just go back from driving JP's 6 at an auto-x and I could noticably tell a difference in the ride.

Here they are on my car...
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Of course, I have the rear WEVO spring plates and roller bearings...

user posted image

user posted image

-Britain
J P Stein
Brittan means he just got back from flatspotting my tires.
The kid is good, but a cone killer. laugh.gif

He & Gary Chapman join an ever increasing list of SOBs who have beaten me in my car....old farts get no respect. biggrin.gif

I was .4 off TTOD....one of them STIthingies got me.
richardL
I drove with Mike's stuff on a 914/6 in Germany - very smooth and quiet. We also drove Nurburgring and the ride was excellent, smooth and progressive. Thoroughly recommended!

Richard
Jeroen
get 'em.. they're awesome!
J P Stein
I've ran them for 2 AX seasons thus far on a very rough venue. They seem to be holding up well.....nuthin' has fallen out while I was watching biggrin.gif .

They seem a touch more harsh on the street, but not objectionally so.....my car is a touch harsh so I may not be the best judge confused24.gif
bernbomb914
I have the fronts with 23mm Tbars and the ride is very smooth I would recommend them to you. They make your front end very responsive

Bernie
olav

Thanks everyone. I'm convinced. I sent Mueller an email from his web site so now just waiting.

I hope he's still making them.

biggrin.gif
neo914-6
He had halted selling them some time ago but hopefully will re-start soon...
Mueller
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 23 2005, 04:46 PM)

Ira @ Tarett Engineering still has a few sets in stock ready for shipment. He can accept credit cards I think, I cannot not.

I'm out of town for a week and won't be able to put anything together until I get back, I still have sets left, I just am not advertising them (good business practive huh??? hahahaha)
J P Stein
"cannot not" means you can? laugh.gif

Just thought I'd ask.
olav
QUOTE (Mueller @ Oct 23 2005, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 23 2005, 04:46 PM)

Ira @ Tarett Engineering still has a few sets in stock ready for shipment. He can accept credit cards I think, I cannot not.

I'm out of town for a week and won't be able to put anything together until I get back, I still have sets left, I just am not advertising them (good business practive huh??? hahahaha)

Mueller if I get them off you you'll get more money right?

I can wait till you get back. smile.gif
QUOTE (olav @ Oct 23 2005, 07:55 AM)
I'm considering getting Muller's Precision Needle Bearing Kit for my car. Does anyone have any experience with the product.

Any endorsements or advice to share?

kit

Thanks.

Mike's bearings are one of the best investments I've made to my car.

Well worth the $ - I'll ride smooth as silk wink.gif
skline
I have a set for the rear I still have not put on yet. I may try to get to it this week, or not. I really need to get my garage cleaned out so I can put my car back in there to work on it at night when I have the time to do it.
HotRod
I have them installed in an FP SCCA car. Front and rear, with 22MM F Torsion Bars and 225LB rear springs. The jury's still out on them as far as I'm concerned due to the fact that I've had carb problems at the few races that I've made it to this year and I can't tell if there's any difference from the last setup that I had...in other words, I haven't been able to get the car consistently fast enough to tell if handeling is much improved.

Based on what I can tell, I may go with a 23MM T bar and 250LB springs for next year...but I'll try putting a little more sway bar in the front first, it feels s little bit soft to me with the roller bearings. If I like the setup, I'll set up the endurance car (911) with them as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.