Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Suby Conversions in the PNW?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
My 1.7 runs OK but it is stock and getting tired. I have been reading Tony Long's and Scott Thatcher' stuff and an EJ25 conversion sounds like a great choice. I would like to see one and get a ride. I'm in Olympia, WA and wondered if anyone up here has made this conversion?
effutuo101
agree.gif I would like a ride as well. As time goes on, I might be able to make it to L.A or Vegas to get a ride along as well.
Michael J
Hmmmm... So I'm wondering if there are only a couple of these conversions actually running around the country. Renegade shows pics but I don't want to go with the radiator in the front. A built up naturally asperated with +/- 200 hp would be just about right.
There looks to be a complete ej25 on ebay for a "Buy it now" of $1800. Doubt it has the wiring harness. How's this price?

WRX914
QUOTE (Michael J @ Oct 23 2005, 06:46 PM)
There looks to be a complete ej25 on ebay for a "Buy it now" of $1800. Doubt it has the wiring harness. How's this price?

This is a little on the pricey side...

I got mine for $1,500 (2004 WRX with 4000 miles). the ECU and wiring is another $500.
WRX914
QUOTE (Michael J @ Oct 23 2005, 06:46 PM)
Renegade shows pics but I don't want to go with the radiator in the front.

Also...

I don't think that you do not need to use the Renegade radiator setup if you buy the Renegade kit. I believe there is enough room for your radiator to be installed in front of the engine. I am in the process of having them design/fabricate a mount for my intercooler to be installed in front of the engine... Before ruling them out, give them a buzz and see if this is possible.

Ask for Mike or Dana...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.