Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing interior trim. Rear window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
snflupigus
Ok, all the screws seem stripped and i cant figure out how to remove the clothes hangers either (if i even have to... to remove these parts..

BTW, if you've seen my other thread .

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=39493

It seems the previous owner/s had decided to paint over some of the rust in the trunk. only a few small holes, i think someone could weld them all up vs install new sheet.

I HATE THIS SEAM FILLER!!!!! What is the easiest way to remove it? Heat gun does nothing... hammer and chissel/gasket remover is slow! Chemical? FIRE!?
STL914
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Oct 23 2005, 10:59 AM)
i cant figure out how to remove the clothes hangers either (if i even have to... to remove these parts..

The rubber cover just pushes up and off and reveals the phillips head screw that secures the coat hanger to the pillar.
snflupigus
how to i remove the top roll bar one then? all the screws out and it should slide out? i cant get the damn screws out... they are recessed and wont unscrew. stripped i'm guessing, guess i get out the drill.
Grimstead
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Oct 23 2005, 11:59 AM)
I HATE THIS SEAM FILLER!!!!! What is the easiest way to remove it? Heat gun does nothing... hammer and chissel/gasket remover is slow! Chemical? FIRE!?

Twisted wire cup brush on a nice angle grinder or good drill. Makes a mess but it does the trick!
Rand
Agree, wire wheel. Makes a blizzard of a mess, but takes it off fast. I've also used a propane torch and a stout scraper in some areas, but it takes some elbow grease along with the flamage.

Getting the screws out of the rollbar pad can be a headache, but give it some more effort before taking the drill to them. Sometimes you have to fish through old foam down in the holes and it's tough to get a good bite on the screw heads. Hopefully the PO didn't replace the screws with flatheads or something.
Jeffs9146
Use a small screw driver to clean out the holes, then a flashlight and a mirror to see the screws. Sometimes you are just missing the slots of the screw head or it is filled up with the foam from inside the trim. Make sure you are using the correct type of screw driver or you wont be able to get it to grip.

Jeff
watsonrx13
Here's the process I used to strip the interior. Hope this helps.

-- Rob
Verruckt
A cup brush on an angle grinder. Makes a HELLUVA mess. But it's quick and easy. Wear safety glasses. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.